Chapter - 40 Surprise

This chapter is dedicated to @sakshi03111995

Alkira's pov-

'Finally.'

I turned at the sound of Keith and was shocked to see him in my room. Which was surprisingly decorated with scented candles and rose petals!!!?? The setting was romantic and in the dim light of the candles he looked ravishing!

'It took you so long... see most of the wax has melted.'

I was mesmerized by him. He looked good enough to eat in his black tee and grey trousers. He was standing with his back to the window. His eyes fixed on me.

The moonlight coming from the open window made the atmosphere all the more enchanting. My heart started thumping so loudly in my chest when he started coming closer. I was sure that the whole pack can hear it from here.

'I didn't know.' Somehow I managed to utter those words feeling light-headed as his scent was driving me crazy.

'That was the plan... to surprise you. But you work too much... leave some for the Alpha too.'

I know he was only teasing but hearing Alpha from him brought up guilty feelings in my heart. I lowered my head so that he couldn't see the bubbling fear in my eyes.

Fear to lose him because I was keeping things from him.

'But you never know... If you tell him maybe some of your fears will come to rest along with his.'

I know Sira is right. I have to tell him sooner or later.

I saw his shoes coming into my vision. He was standing in front of me but I couldn't muster up the courage to look into his eyes.

I closed my eyes asking for strength.

I felt his finger under my chin, gently lifting it up.

'It isn't bad to work hard. I was only joking. No need to feel bad over it.'

He was so understanding, I couldn't help it when a tear rolled down from the corner of my eye and then another. I felt his thumb gliding over the moisture, wiping it away.

The gesture was so tender that I almost lost it then and there. The last few days were finally catching on me and unfortunately, he was here to see me like this...An emotional mess.

First Blake's breakdown.

Then my brother's coming up bruised and almost on the brink of death... although his being with Xavier is good news. And today dealing with Titus (human rogue). Hearing his story and telling him what we knew...

It took a toll on me seeing him in so much pain knowing I couldn't do anything about it right now. Zen needed to be captured and punished but that will take some time and planning.

So I helped Titus sleep and filled his dreams with one last meeting with his family. This heavy feeling of keeping my position secret... was making it worse. I couldn't go on like this.

This needs to end.

He kissed my closed lids murmuring sweet nothings.

'You can tell me anything. I am here for you.'

Coerced by his soothing voice, I opened my eyes. His face was inches away from mine. His eyes filled with so many emotions that I made up my mind. I will tell him and right now is the time.

'I...want to tell you something.' My voice wavered a little but I managed to say it aloud.

He took my hand and leads me to my bed. He gestured for me to sit down and went to the little table that was set for two. When he came back he gave me a glass filled with dark liquid. Taking it I sipped a little and was delighted to find that... It was my favorite berry juice.

Next were sandwiches and then dessert. How he knew that I didn't eat dinner was beyond me.

But I was grateful that he somehow did.

'Now that you are properly fed tell me what is bothering you so much that it made these precious pearls escape from their safe haven.'

'But you didn't eat anything.'

'Helen stuffed me to the brim... and also ordered me to do the same to you. So I thought... why not take advantage of this golden opportunity. Hence I set up this small dinner arrangement for you.'

'And I ruined it with my meltdown.'

'No, you didn't. We can have that anytime we want... but right now I want to know what is hurting you. I want to take it all away. I want to make it good for you.'

Taking a deep breath I told him everything.

Me being alpha...my family... my ancestors... my wolf...Zen...

When nothing was left I stopped. It was pin-drop silence in here. My gaze was focused on him the entire time I was speaking. Now he stood with his arm crossed over his chest by the window.

He was watching the moon and I was watching him. When the silence became too much to bear I stood up and approached him. Standing next to him not knowing what to do... what more to say... I felt helpless...

My spirit was quickly going down the drain, thinking this is the last of it. Now as he knows the truth, he won't want me.

How will I bear his rejection?

'I don't know what to say... I -' he started to say but I cut him with my plea.

'Don't reject me...' my voice was laced with pain; it escaped as a weak whimper.

'NO!' He roared and seized me in his arms.

'Goddess! I am not rejecting you.' With that said I felt a bit relaxed. But to confirm it I asked again.

'You are not?'

'Why would I reject the best thing that has happened to me in a long long time?

I am not letting you go... you are mine... and no one else...' Taking a deep breath he continued.

'You asked me if I accepted you as my mate and I said yes.... remember.'

'I remember... In the hospital.'

'Yes... But you never told me if you accept me as your mate...

I wake up daily thinking that any moment... your ex-mate may come and take you away from me.'

'But he won't... I like you Keith... more than I should given that we just met. But I feel like I can trust you... and you make me so happy... I won't go back to him... ever. '

'So you accept me...'

'YES... I do... I accept you...'

With a carefree laugh, he lifted me up in his arms and twirled me around...

I told him to put me down... but he didn't... After a few more rounds, he finally deposited me on my feet.

'You are mine...'

'Yours...' out of breath we said at the same time.

I smiled and then felt his lips on the crook of my neck. In the next second his teeth come out... and he marked me.