Chapter- 22 Decisions

Alkira's pov -

My head was hurting like hell and looking at the sight before me. I don't think it will lessen if not increase some more.

It started when James accidentally blurted that Samira is my mate's sister. As a result, now everyone is shouting what they think of her. Daniel was defending his mate and the rest of them except James who was now cowering under my gaze was against him.

I lifted my left hand and dragged my nails on the wooden table leaving behind a trail and producing a screeching sound.

The pitch of the noise was too high making them cringe and cover their ears with their hands. They stopped speaking too which served my purpose.

"I know what you all think about Samira but that is not true. She is a victim here. She was kept in prison by his own brother as she refused to work with him. She was tortured for years like a rogue."

At my last word, I could see the look of horror on their faces some were surprised too, thinking how can a brother do that to his own sister?

"She was released from her captivity only to make me think that things are normal but I know the truth. This fact is not known to her so nobody will ask her about her past or question her loyalty to me. This must remain between us. I know that she is hiding something from all of us but she is not wrong. When the time will come she will tell me. She has gone through too much and I believe that she should get all the love and care that she didn't receive in the past. She deserves it. I trust her and I want you to trust her too."

I made it clear that there was no point in continuing the argument.

"Dear, I can understand what you are saying and also sympathize with what she went through. You need not worry about her, not anymore. I assure you that she will be loved."

Helen said with determination clear in her eyes and voice laced with affection. Everyone agreed with her and that is what I needed right now, for them to accept Samira with open arms. I smiled at my loving family.

"We all know what happened there. How he treated you. What you saw the night before your departure. How you left. Now we need to know what you are planning next." Samuel said in a firm note.

"What are you going to tell Samira about James?" asked Xavier.

"I will tell her that I met James a month ago while I was patrolling. He was working for her brother and looking for some information about rogues."

"James I called you here so that you could meet with everyone. Finding your mate was a pure coincidence. I have accepted you as a member of my pack. For a few days, you have to go to my mate's pack to collect some information. I know that he trusts you. You will tell him that you found your mate and want to settle here permanently. When he asks you about me then tell him what he already knows. That I am a pack member that works in the hospital and that I am still a werewolf without her wolf."

"But don't you think that he will double-check my words if not already he sent someone to track your actions," James asked skeptically.

'I have already thought about that. I have arranged for people at the border to make sure that nobody with suspicious origins from outside could enter our pack. And also I have let loose some people from our pack to create rumors about my original position in the pack.'

'This is good. We have not done your coronation ceremony, to delay it will be good for the time being.' Samuel said looking at me. I nodded and felt relieved to know that he was thinking along the same line as me.

"Why do you want to delay it? Last I checked you were dying to hand over the reins to her. So what changed old man?" Daniel cried out loud.

"Did you forget about the upcoming meeting at the 'Red Moon pack'? From each pack along with a plus one, only Alpha's are allowed to come. We can't expose her identity at this crucial time. Once he knew that she is actually an Alpha our lies will be exposed. He will become more guarded and it will be difficult for us to find his true intentions." It was Helen that explained the situation making it easy for me to continue.

"That is right. Moreover, I will be attending this meeting as Alpha's plus one, and my other identity will be exposed. It will be perfect to make him believe in the rumors too and avoid unnecessary troubles." With that being said we moved over to common topics.

We discussed some more and went over little details of our plans for the coming three months. Training schedules were revised, new patrolling patterns were thought over and pack funds were also checked to make sure we had enough if we were to encounter a sudden misfortune.

After the meeting was over everyone left but Samuel remained. I looked at him and found that his gaze has turned a bit misty.

"You have grown up, my little girl." He said and gave me a smile. It was a smile that was every bit proud and made me think of a time when I was in my old pack.

It was about when I was fourteen years old. We were returning from a trip from a neighboring pack and were ambushed at midnight. We were able to kill attackers and received minor injuries. What surprised my dad and brothers was my skill with a dagger. Nobody knew that I was able to use one except my mother. She had been secretly teaching me for a year and finally, I was able to show them my skill. On that night, my dad had looked at me with a smile that had proud parents written all over it.

My eyes too became wet with unshed tears. Samuel then got up patted my head and left the room. I was left there with a goofy smile on my face feeling elation seeping out of my every pore. I was happy that I gained some semblance of my old dad in him. Giddy with my bubbling happiness I too left in search of Ana to ask her along with Samira for a girl's time out. It was sure to give her a shock for a week. I was looking forward to her dumbfounded expressions when I ask her out to actually have some fun.