Chapter-18 Old Habits Die Hard

Alkira's pov-

Small giggles were coming out of her pretty little mouth as I tickled her senselessly.

"Una stop! Pwese."

"No! You sneaky little devil. The tickle monster will not spare you. You have to face its wrath."

I made my voice a little deep and rough so it sounded like a monster's voice. It was a failed attempt but it clearly served my purpose as she laughed some more.

I am happy as she isn't crying anymore.

"Me too. This little girl gave me quite a scare when I saw that she was crying softly in her sleep." Sira sighed.

Yeah, that was true. When I woke up I saw that rose was the warmth that has enveloped me. But what startled me was those fat tear droplets that continued to roll down her cheeks. Her barely-there whimpers tore me apart.

So I gently shook her to wake up. When she opened her eyes I saw the pain that she had suffered. My inside was screaming for me to do something, anything to help her. So I did what my mother used to do for me when I had a nightmare. I sang a song.

It was the same song that my mother taught me after my constant pleading to her to teach me. The song explained that- 'To each night there will be a day. To each tear, there will be a smile. To each fear, there will be hope. We just have to have faith.'

When I was finished with my song she was visibly relaxed. Now all that was left was to make her smile. When I grabbed her sides to lift her up a small squeak escaped her lips. I found her tickle spot! So I used that information to my advantage and started tickling her.

Soon her nightmare was forgotten. Her laugh was contagious and in no time we both were laughing our guts out and talking in strange voices which made us laugh even more.

"Look what we got here two ladies howling with laughter. What a pretty sight. But don't you think it is inappropriate for a lady to act in such a manner?"

Daimen said in a fake accent while standing a few feet away from my bed giving us a bow. He was acting funny. I have never seen this side of him. Looks like Rose has rubbed off on him. He didn't stop there he continued, now standing straight as a rod.

"What if words were out in the society? How will they react? You both my dear will be banished to attend the ballroom dance."

"No."

Little Rose sobered from her laughing fit and leaped out of my hold. She went straight to Daimen and stood in front of him. She joined her hands together widened her eyes and quivered her lips.

"Pwese, don't tell anyone. I will bewawe. Pwomise."

I could not control it anymore so once again my body was shaking with a laugh. It was starting to hurt a little but I couldn't help it. When I was over my laughing fit I noticed that Rose and Daimen both were giving me a glare with hands on their hips, looks like now I am the one who is in trouble.

"Sorry," I said quietly and looked down. It was hard for me to control myself as both their postures were so similar but somehow I managed.

Then I heard some noise and lifted my head. Now both of them were stifling their laugh. So I let go and laughed. They too joined me. It was magical.

"You all right, Kira? Feeling good?"

I know what he meant by that. He was not asking about my physical fitness but my emotional state. After such a hearty laugh how could I not be? So I smiled and said yes. He was relieved. I can feel him relax from our bond. But there was something that was bothering him. I could sense it. I have to talk to him about it, he felt a little conflicted as if he was torn between something.