|ten|

x

x. am i in hell?

I slowly open my eyelids. I see my mother sat on the bed staring down at me with concerned and scared eyes.

"Mama?" I asked. My voice still very groggy.

She smiled at me and tears escaped her eyes. "It's okay Mara. I'm here"

"What happened?" I ask before having a coughing fit.

"You got hit by a car, remember? Bella had fallen out of a window after falling down a few flights of stairs, and you got hit by a car trying to get help" She explains.

"Sounds like something that I'd do" I said chuckling quietly.

"Awe baby. They said you wasn't going to make it. But I knew you would. You're my strong little girl" She said.

"Where's Jasper?" I asked. She pointed to the sofa, where he sat. Pretending to sleep. "He hasn't moved since you were brought in. I've got to tell the doctors that you're awake. I'll be back in a minute" She says leaving the room.

I saw Jazz get out of his seat and make his way over to me. "Hey, Jazz"

"How are you doing, darlin'?" He asked and I nodded, signalling I was okay.

"What happened?" I asked, since he'd tell me what happened and not a story which wasn't what happened at all.

"After you passed out. I had to rid the venom from your system. I didn't want to stop. I nearly killed you-"

I placed my hand on his cool cheek, "But you didn't. I wouldn't be here as I am if it wasn't for you"

He smiled down at me "You really scared me Mars. You really did"

"Sorry, Jazz"

"Don't be. It's not your fault" He said, rubbing my cheek. "I love you so much, Mara. You know that?"

"I love you too, Jazz"

|~|

Here it was, prom! And I have just put on my dress and sorted out my hair and makeup. And I had to admit. I looked amazing. The dress was beautiful and my hair was neatly done.

I made my way downstairs

I made my way downstairs. Where Jasper stood by the door, having a conversation with my mother. His head snapped towards me when he heard me take my time walking down the stairs. I wasn't wearing heels, since I knew I would fall over so instead I wore a pair of pink converse.

"You look absolutely breathtaking" Jasper said smiling at me. I walked over to him, planting a kiss on his cheek. "You don't look too bad yourself"

"Photos!" My mom squealed, grabbing her camera. "Smile" she instructed and we did just that before heading out the door.

"You will appear in that photo, right?" I joked and he let out an airy chuckle "Yes darlin', I will"

By the time we had gotten to the school, it was filled with students. Wether they were dancing, talking or making out.

"Thanks for doing this Jazz. I know it's not your kind of thing"

"It's no problem at all" He smiled, pulling me in for a kiss "Now, would you like to dance?" He asked, holding his arm out for me to take, which I did. And he led me to the quieter part of the dance floor, which slowly emptied.

"What would have happened if you didn't get the venom out?" I asked.

"You would've turned into a vampire" He replied.

"Is it bad that I don't want to be one?" I asked and he shook his head "No, of course not. I would love to be with you forever, but I would never let you become something you don't want to be"

I hugged him before going back to dancing with him. That was all we did for the rest of the night. Dance and talk.

End

|~|
so that's the end of book one. book two will be up today (the extended summary). but the first chapter will either be released today also, or tomorrow.
see you in the next book,
~els x