|nine|

ix

ix. life and death

Here we were. In a stupid hotel. We were just here, waiting. Alice was constantly trying to get me and Bella to eat something but I couldn't. I was too worried about Jasper.

"Mara. Eat something please!" Alice begs. Bella was sat in another room, while me, Alice and Emmett sat here. On the sofa.

"I'm not hungry Alice and if I eat while I'm worried, I'll throw up" I say and Emmett pulls a disgusted face.

"What are you trying to do anyway?" Emmett asks.

"I'm trying to reach out to Jasper." I state and he just gives me a weird look "With What?"

"With magic" I answer plainly but we were interrupted by Alice making a quiet gasp, signalling that she's had a vision.

"Bella get in here!" I yell before facing Alice "What did you see?"

"The tracker. He's figured it out. He's changing course" She answered and picks up a pencil and starts drawing. She drew a place that was full of mirrors.

"Why's he going to my old ballet studio?" Bella asked.

"You've been here?"

Bella nodded "I took lessons when I was a kid"

"Here? In Phoenix?" Alice asked and Bella mumbled a quiet "yep"

Alice and Emmett were now checking out of the hotel and Bella had just finished her phone call. When she got another phone call.

I left her some privacy to talk until she grabbed my arm, "It was James. He has my mother" She whispered. "He wants me to go there.... and he wants you to come with. But I'm fine to go alone"

"No Bells, you're my Bestfriend. We'll go together" I say and she nods. Soon we'll be at Bella's old dance studio, where we may or may not make it out.

|~|

We get to 8th and Palo Verde And we both step out of the taxi. We may not come out alive once we go inside. But we go in anyway.

"Bella? Bella? Bella?" We hear and head towards the voice. Bella starts running "Mom?" "Bella?"

And then we opened a door. It was a video. Renée isn't here. Shit!

I then here a sinister voice, belonging to a sadistic person, "That's my favourite part" he smirked, talking about the video when Renée tried convincing Bella she didn't suck at ballet. "You were a stubborn child weren't you?"

I glare at the vampire in front of me "She's not here. Is she?"

James just smirked at the two of us. "Nope. Sorry but you really made it too easy" He then sighs "So to make it more interesting, I'm going to make a little film of our time together. Borrowed this from your house. Hope you don't mind" He then turns it on "And action"

Me and Bella, lean against a pole, absolutely terrified "Awe poor Edward, this'll break his little heart. And Jasper. He'll be absolutely devastated. Didn't you promise him that you'd stay safe?"

That's when he hit a nerve "They have nothing to do with this, you sick manipulative bastard!" I yelled. Which resulted in me being thrown across the room. My head hitting a mirror, causing it to smash.

Bella sprayed him in the eyes with something and ran over to me as fast as she could but James jumped in front of her and pushed her into a pillar. Causing her to groan in pain.

As he tormented her, I got up from the ground as quietly as I could. I saw him snap her leg and she let out a scream so I used my powers and threw him into a mirror. "Stay away from her!"

Instead of backing away or anything like that, he made his way towards me, smirking "You're a feisty one. Aren't you? Jasper should know how much of a fight you put up. But it wasn't enough"

I let out an ear piercing scream causing the ground to shake and mirrors to smash. He then pushed me into one of the already broken mirrors. Then he slammed me into a wall. "I was going to kill your friend first. But you'll do" He then bit into my wrist, which absolutely wrecked. I screamed and tried to kick him away. But it was useless.

My sight was going dizzy but I could see Bella throw something at James, which got his attention off of me and onto her.

I could just about see Edward attack him as he bit into Bella's wrist too.

Edward picked up Bella and made his way over to me. Helping me up. But my vision was fading and I didn't really know what was happening.

"I need you to walk Mara! Jasper will kill me if you don't make it out alive!" Edward yelled, panicking. I started to slowly move one foot in front of the other until my hair was pulled and I was again thrown into something. I could feel the blood rushing from my head. From my hands, my legs. I could feel the shards of glass piercing my body. But the biggest piece was in my stomach. I was dying.

I suddenly felt a hand on my wound and I looked up to see Alice. "A-ali-Alice" I asked barely above a whisper. "It hurts" I sobbed.

"You're going to be fine, Maddie. It's going to be okay. Carlisle!" She yelled. And he flashed over to us.

"Is Bella-is she, okay?" I ask, my breaths shortening.

"She's going to be okay. You have to try not to talk. You're wasting oxygen" He informs me and I try to nod the best I could.

"Amara!" I hear a shout. And I see Jasper. Double Jasper's. Double everything.

"Jazz! I- I don't want to die" I sob, trying to catch my breaths.

"Carlisle what do I do?!" He yells and Carlisle gives him a look I can't make out "You have to do what Edward did to Bella. Suck out the venom"

"You know I won't be able to stop." Jasper states. "You'll have too if you want her to live to see tomorrow." Carlisle argues "She's dying Jasper. She's got less than five minutes. You have to do it now!"

I look him in the eyes, as my eyelids begin to flutter shut but I try my best to keep them open. "I love you so much"

And it all went black. The last thing that I could hear was echoes of my name being called.

|~|

is she dead or is she alive? poor mara. will jasper save her? will he get over his thirst? will she wake up?
~els x