|three|

iii

iii. school trips and crushes

I had been off school for a few days, along with Bella. But here we were. Back in school, stood next to the dented truck. In the same space, the accident occurred.

Bella was listening to her music before we had to get on the bus, we had a biology trip with Mr Molina today. Which I didn't want to go on, but I was forced too. I literally got pushed out of my own bed!

I, however, was lost in thought. I stared down at the floor, where the skid marks still lay prominent on the ground. I remember the day the accident happened. The van came speeding so fast, and Jasper stopped it. How could he have stopped it? And he was fine afterwards. If he impossibly stopped a van with one hand, he should've broken his hand or something.

Speaking of Jasper, I haven't spoken to him since the day of the accident. Well, it is kind of hard to speak to somebody you haven't been able to see for the past few days. I missed him though.

I looked up and saw Jasper walking alongside Edweirdo and Alice. He catches me looking over at him and stared back. Well, that was until a figure blocked my vision of him, and that figure was Mike Newton.

"Hey! You're alive!" He said very enthusiastically.

I nodded "Yup." I wouldn't lie but this is very awkward.

He scratched the back of his neck, obviously nervous But I was paying no attention and continued to gaze at the honey blonde behind him.
"Yea I know it's uhm, like a month away, but uh would you go to prom with me?"

I snapped out of my haze when he asked what I thought. "I'm sorry what?" I asked slightly confused.

He swallowed before saying "Would you like to go to prom with me?"

I wanted to go to prom, well most teenage girls did but I didn't want to be all that mean so I decided to say that you wouldn't be to make it. "Oh, I'm not here that weekend. I've got to go to Sweden. Yea Sweden! Jessica would love to go with you though. You should ask her." I said. I was a mess from the smirk Jasper was sending your way.

Mike followed my gaze before just nodding "Yeah okay. See you Mara" He then walked away looking slightly embarrassed and disappointed.

I walked over to the bus with Bella, apparently, you got on the same bus as Jasper. Since he walked past me smirking slightly.

Nothing really exciting happened on the bus. I just stared out the window, watching as the trees passed us as we made our way to the destination.