Chapter 14

"C-Carter you're drunk, you should maybe go home?" Ethan stutters, running up behind Carter, trying to stop him in any way, but Carter wasn't listening. Carter was by now outside of the house and was fast walking down the street. 

"I...I am not going back there...never, ever going back there!" Carter stammers to say, continuing to walk away with his head hung low as he fast walked away. 

Ethan had finally caught up to Carter, grabbing a hold of his forearm to stop him as he questions "Carter, why don't you want to go home?" 

Carter stopped walking once he felt Ethan's grip on him but continued to look down. He wasn't in his right state of mind, to be honest it was most likely that Carter didn't even realise he was directly talking to Ethan. "No one loves me where I live" Carter admits in sadness. 

"Your...parents don't love you? You, you don't know that, right? They probably really love you, they just don't know how to show it." Ethan says in a sad chuckle, trying to comfort Carter as much as he could, but he didn't know the right things to say. He's never comforted anyone before, let alone no one's ever tried comforting him. 

"I don't have parents, they don't love me...they abandoned me." Carter admits in a drunken haze, looking off to aside, through the moonlight shining down on the two of them, Ethan could see the tears filling Carters eyes. 

"You...don't have parents?" Ethan repeats, looking at Carter a little surprised. 

"Nope...never knew them, but hey, why should I care? They didn't want me, they left me..." Carter says, going off about it before moving his hand back to get out of Ethan's grip. 

Carter started walking away again but Ethan knew he couldn't let Carter walk away like this, not as hammered as he was. "Where're you going to go if you don't want to go home?" Ethan questions, following behind Carter but not walking beside him. 

"I..." Carter starts off with saying before he stopped walking to think about it. He looked down at the ground while furrowing his eyebrows just thinking about it. "I don't know" Carter says before coughing. 

"Then...you...want to come to my house?" Ethan questions, looking at Carter a little intimidated. Even Ethan himself didn't know what he was doing, but he knew he couldn't leave Carter on the streets alone this wasted at this time of night. 

Carter still had no clue who Ethan was but was surprised Ethan was offering to let him stay the night at his place. "Y-You want to bring me to your house?" Carter asks and Ethan hesitantly nodded meaning yes. 

"Then lets go" Carter says in a smile, turning around to walk towards Ethan which surprised Ethan. 

Meanwhile with Jake and Nate, Nate was leading Jake back to Nate's house. "Your house" Jake says in confusion but stared at Nate's house with no emotion on his face. 

Nate shook his head "no, the place I'm bringing you is behind my house." Nate explains in a smile, going to the backyard of his house. 

Jake followed behind Nate, going to wherever Nate was leading him to. "This is a quiet place I always go to, especially when I want to be alone." Nate explains, walking up to the huge tree in his backyard and points up to a tree house in the middle of the huge tree. 

 "tree....house?" Jake says, looking up at the house inside the tree and Nate nodded meaning Jake was right.

"Yup, it's a tree house. My father built it for my brother and I when we were young. It was kind of like our own little hide out from people or things. My brother doesn't come up here as much anymore, but I always go up here when I'm upset, or when I just need a quiet place to go." Nate explains, starting to climb up the tree to get to the tree house.