Chapter 11

As Saturday rolled around, Nate was ecstatic about it. He couldn't stop freaking out about what would happen at a 'high school party.' He was worrying from how to style his hair, from what he was going to wear. "Nathan, do you think this is alright or do you think it's too bland?" Nate questions. 

He stood in front of his younger brother, his arms spread out wide as he presented himself before him. Nate was wearing black jeans, a white T-shirt that was tucked into the front of his pants and was hung loose at the back. He had a black belt wrapped around his jeans and black converse on. "Maybe I should change my shoes. Converse aren't even in anymore, should I change to addidas, what do I do?" Nate questions, glancing down at his outfit once again. 

"You look fine, Nate" Nathan chuckles, looking at his older brother with a smile widely spread across his face like he was trying to hold in his laughter. 

"Oh come on Nathan, you've been to a ton of high school parties and you're only in grade nine, you could at least give me some advice." 

"I only get asked out to more parties than you do because I'm the better looking sibling." Nathan teases in a smile, ruffling Nate's hair as he walked into the next room. 

"Yah, just because you're taller than me doesn't mean you can ruffle my hair like that! I'm older than you!" Nate spat, looking back at his younger brother, trying to look at him in anger, but it came out more like a pout. 

At the same time, a knock could be heard coming from the front door and Nathan smiled "is that your date at the door now?" 

Nate took a quick glare at his younger brother as he ran to the door and opened it, seeing Jake standing in the doorway. "You look great Jake!" Nate says in astonishment, amazed with Jake's amazing sense of fashion. He stood before Jake and spread his arms wide like before how he did in front of his brother and questions "does my outfit look alright?" 

Jake eyed Nate up and down before nodding meaning yes. Nate was happy with Jake's nod and smiled brightly. At the same time, Nathan came to the door to see who had come to pick up Nate, and was surprised to see it was one of the most popular boys in the school. He was taken aback that an actual cool person was standing at their doorway to pick up his older brother.

"I'm just going to grab my phone from my bedroom and I'll be back in a sec!" Nate answers in a smile, turning around and quickly running down the hall to go to his bedroom where his younger brother quickly followed him. 

Nathan followed Nate into his bedroom and closed the door shut behind him as he looked at Nate seriously. "Nate, how the hell do you know that guy?! Are you friends with him?" Nathan questions, looking at Nate like he was still surprised that his older brother knows someone like him. 

"I'd like to think Jake and I are friends even though he doesn't talk much, why?" Nate questions, grabbing his cellphone which was on his bed and shoving it into his pants pocket before turning around and looking at his brother who was blocking the doorway to leave his bedroom. 

"Because he's like...one of the most popular boys in the whole school! He's friends with Carter and Todd, and all the cool people! You have to introduce me to him! You know all the rumours going around about him?!" 

"Yeah, we're going to Carter's party tonight...I didn't know he was that much of a big deal. What kind of rumours?" Nate questions, looking at Nathan curiously. 

"Jeez, when did my older brother become so popular?! And yeah, there are a ton of rumours about him, any rumour you can think of that has to do with a 'scandal' Jake is in it. If it has to do with girls, or even drugs." 

"Jake does that? I don't know, Jake doesn't seem like the person do those things." Nate says in a chuckle, looking at his younger brother like he was crazy for believing such rumours.