Chapter 1

(The person in the picture above is Max)

Max woke up with a headache, already hearing his parents shouting at each other first thing in the morning is never what he liked to hear. "At least I don't need an alarm clock." He mumbles to himself, sounding annoyed.

He sluggishly got out of bed as he walked over to the washroom to brush his hair, teeth and to wash his face. Max stared at himself in the mirror for a second before turning his gaze away and forcing himself not to look at his reflection.

Max slowly walked downstairs once he was done getting ready, where he tried to carefully put on his shoes for school, hoping his parents wouldn't hear him.

He successfully got his things in order before opening the front door and leaving the house to get to school. Max didn't like school, it was one of the last place he'd ever want to be; but he didn't like being at home even more.

He walked towards the school with his head down. As he was getting closer to the school, he  noticed a group of kids in front of him. The group of kids looked back to see him starting to walk towards them and all moved out of the way so he could get by.

He walked onto school property and everyone was looking at Max the same way the group of peers were looking at him before he walked in. Everyone was looking at him with fear in their eyes, scared to talk or even come close to him.

Max glared at everyone who he passed, annoyed with all the staring. He didn't mean to glare, if anything he hated that he glared, even when he didn't mean to. His eyes just made it look like he was glaring all the time, and that he never wanted to associate with anyone.

At the same time, a couple of the eyes were off of his attention, and were staring at the group of boys entering the school. "Oh my gosh, they're so handsome!" Max could hear one girl exclaim off to a side as she went running towards the group.

The group who had just entered the school were called 'the populars.' Some of the boys were on the basketball team, and some of them were just friends with the jocks and were considered as 'popular.' The main people in this group that all the girls would obsess over is Todd, Jake, Carter and Kevin. Todd and Carter were on the basketball team. Jake was just popular for his good looks, and Kevin was only popular for his wealth.

"Todd, I'm going to see your basketball game tonight, are you guys going to do well?" A girl asks, looking up at Todd with mesmerized eyes.

"Actually, the game got cancelled tonight because the other school can't make it. I heard someone on their team broke their leg and they were their best player, so it's not happening tonight." Todd answers, sounding like he was and wasn't trying to give her any attention. That's something Todd was an expert at, the classic 'push and pull.'

"Awe really, I was looking forward to watching you play tonight." The girl says, now looking up at Todd while pouting at him slightly.

"You know what, why don't we go to the  burger shop down the road instead and get a milkshake after school?" Todd asks, smirking at her.

The girls face blushed into a light pink while Todd had asked that. "S-Sure!" She says in excitement before turning around and running away to go tell her friends the good news.

"You really going to get her a milkshake dude?" Carter questions in a smile, while raising one eyebrow at Todd.

"Yeah, buying her a milkshake, having a good time, and then we can...you know." Todd says, hoping Carter would know what he was implying after he stopped talking.

"You're an animal man!" Carter laughs, lightly pushing Todd on his side.

At the same time a boy was walking with his head down, not noticing where he was going until he bumped into all the jocks walking down the hall. He bumped into Carter specifically which everyone was kind of shocked to see.