Chapter Three

Chapter Three

The beauty of not knowing what was to come was something I enjoyed gratefully.  As the wind blew a steady feel, I ripped my tee shirt off, sweating under the tank top I wore as the warrior before me grinned, his eyes raking over my body.  A low growl came from somewhere, and I snapped my head up, seeing Sam walking over.

            “What do you think you’re doing?” he asked me, crossing his arms with a raise of his eyebrow.

            “Training,” I replied in a “duh” tone, brushing him away as the man and I resumed our training.  My fist went flying towards him which he dodged almost too late, his own flying into my ribs, causing a snap.  Gasping in pain, I gripped at it roughly, growling.

            “That’s enough training for the day,” Sam snapped, and the man I trained with nodded, bowed, and then left.

            I kneeled over, grasping my ribs in pain as I hissed between my teeth. “What were you doing that for?  It’s not that big of a deal!” I managed out, before whining in pain.

            “Someone get her alpha here!”

            “Right away, sir!”

            I groaned out softly in pain, feeling my ribs mend themselves together in the wrong position.  A slight his of pain passed through my teeth and I clenched Sam’s hand tightly, feeling the tingles, the love, and I wanted more.  A light whine passed my lips and a slight scream of pain came out, and soon I was wrapped up in someone’s arms, someone who was cooing me and telling me everything would be all right.

            “We need to re-break her bones!”

            I whimpered softly, and the arms wrapped around me tightly.  Looking up, I noticed Garrett’s wavy hair, and he bent his head and kissed my forehead. “Shh, Star, it’ll be okay,” he whispered in my ear and I nodded, following along.

            Lying against the bed, I watched Garrett pace back and forth, his eyes growing darker with the ticking seconds that seemed endless.  I watched his hands clench and unclench, before he turned to me with his eyes growing soft, and then he crawled in bed.

            I opened my arms on instinct, feeling his body lay against mine gently as he wrapped his arms around my waist, his head resting on my chest.  I sighed gently, trailing my fingers through his hair as he began to place a kiss on my shoulder before closing his eyes.

            Closing my eyes after we were comfortable, I felt my wolf poke around, a soft whimper coming from her.  I knew she wanted to be with Sam, that he was our mate, but he was engaged to someone else.  And we had Garrett to love.  Someone I cared for more than anything.

            Hearing the door creak open, I felt Garrett stir, but he sat still, his arms wrapping tighter around me.  I popped one eye open, seeing a guy that looked strangely close to Sam, and my heart soared.  I could feel my mouth form his name, heat spreading up my neck and blooming out on my face when the man only laughed and shook his head, taking a seat beside me where he was in front of Garrett the entire time.

            “Not quite,” he murmured, causing his voice to be soft and delicate, almost silk like. “I’m Alexander.” With my furrowed eyebrows and the look of confusion plastered on my face, he smirked. “I’m his twin.”

            I blinked.  This was possible, but I hadn’t seen any pictures.  Giving a nod, I flinched in pain, feeling Garrett stir and sit up, holding his head.  One worried glance my way, I felt my insides melt.