Chapter Two

Chapter Two

I snuggled into Garrett’s side as we walked, his fingers twirling mine absentmindedly.  I knew he could sense the shift in me, the wanting of someone else, and the desire to go above all to get it.  The carpet beneath our toes warmed us, binding us together as we walked around what was our bedroom for the few months, looking around to see it.  Stopping in front of the four poster sized bed with velvet cloths draped over it, I felt his lips at my shoulder, and I closed my eyes.

            “This is all ours while we’re here,” I breathed out, turning to face him as my arms wrapped around his neck, his around my waist.

            “That it is,” he whispered, pressing his lips to mine in a harsh way that left me breathless and overwhelmed.  Our lips moved together in sync, his rough and experienced, mine soft and lacking every ounce of grace possible.  His hands fumbled with my shirt, his bare fingers tracing the skin of my stomach and back before creeping upward.

            Hearing the knock on the door, we parted ways, a blush seeping on my cheeks as I placed my fingers to my lips, watching the way his eyes settled on me darkly with the desire he was holding in.

            “Dinner is ready, kids,” my mom chirped in, looking between us with her eyebrow rose.  I fumbled with the hem of my shirt, taking in the darkness against my pale skin.

            “Thank you, Mrs. West.” Garrett replied, waiting until the door was shut and she was gone to capture my lips once again, both of us wanting it.

            I let out a shaky breath feeling his lips against my neck and shoulder, my fingers gripping onto his shirt before he smirked against my skin and kissed his way up, his lips lingering by my own for a second until he stole a kiss, and then left.

            A slight growl slipped from within my throat as I chased after him, hearing him laugh.  He knew I was faster than him; it was in my blood.  But, he was stronger and a lot harder to take down.

            You’ll never catch me! He teased in my head, chuckling when I growled and pounced onto him once he reached the last step.  We tumbled down when his footing slipped, causing us to roll on the marble floors where my head hit it roughly, spots flashing in my vision.

            I blinked, seeing him looming over me with fear etched into his features, and I tilted my head, confused. “What?”

            Garrett shook his head, a slight smile playing onto his lips as he helped me up, gripping onto my shoulders to keep me steady as he led me to the dining area. “Seems you’ve won, princess,” he whispered into my ear, smiling as we stepped in, and the delicious scent warmed my insides once again.

            “Ah!  There you two are!  I was beginning to worry!” Sam snipped in, but I could sense the jealousy riddled into his words.  Seeing my eyes glazed over, he frowned and opened his mouth, ready to speak until my father cut him off.

            “Sam thought it would be polite if you sat beside him, dear.  Garrett, you can sit on the other side.”

            I slightly choked on air, my hands fumbling with each other as I nodded slowly, seeing the glimmer of hope in Sam’s eyes as I took the seat to the right of him, the seat reserved for the Luna.  My breath caught in my throat as Garrett simply blinked before pulling the chair out for me and then pushing it back in, his hands lingering on my shoulders for a second before he walked to his chair.