chapter 4 : The Stranger

Dedicated to fairyland44

Published on: 6th January 2018

Hi friends!

Ya all are doing amazing in this 2018! :)

Aren't you?

Why?

:(
Well, I'm having exams. :)

In The Morning

"Were you the one to hit my bicycle ?" I inquired cause somehow I felt he was the only person present there.

My teeth shaking against each other due to the chilly weather.

"Yeah, yes!" he said like it didn't matter.

His mask still hiding half of his face.

"Well, then you could have donated those eyes!" I speak being serious as always and walk towards my fallen cycle.

My legs hurt... ugh.

"Wish I could donate my brain to you! " he retorted "Did you think that I was a ghost or something ?" he breaks out laughing and then waiting for my reaction, I guess.
"I mean who cycles that fast!"

I stare back and give him a 'what the hell did you just say' look while busy picking up my Violetta with her twisted handle.

I don't have to react much.

"Ugh... Violetta " I sighed being not able to fix it. The handles are not coordinating the front wheel.

Oh god.

"Can I um.... give it a try? " a husky voice speaks.

I had no options. I had to give Violleta to him. Without saying a word I stepped back and he understood what I meant.

Well, is it too weird to take help from a stranger in the foggy day?

No. Not today. My inner voice poked me.

He placed his legs on either side of the front wheel and his fair pink palms on the handles.

"Oh my god.. Violetta is twisted but I'm quiet a fitter! " he smirks while staring down and was matching the handles with the wheel.

And I find myself looking out shy at his messy hairs, over his forehead. He looked down. I noticed he had his black leather jacket with dark blue jeans and brown boots. He is actually handsome and appears fit with broad shoulders. But the mask is blocking his face, I wish I could see!

I mean I want to see it. I don't know why. Just curiosity maybe!

"Hey ,Violetta you aren't safe with Miss Furious!" he smirked looking up at me.

Oh Lord, he just saw me staring at him with a deep concentration.

I looked away and totally concerned.

I saw his black strong cycle. It had a carrier at the front, filled with folded chart papers and some other stuff in a bag.

What was he doing ? Everything about him seems mysterious. Was he cycling like I was?

Ring!!! Ring!!! He rings the bell so as to grab my attention probably.

"Thanks" I say as normal as possible trying to give a smile. I never miss a chance to show my bright teeth to person who help me.

"My pleasure! "I cannot see if he's smiling but his eyes are turning thin and the part of mask over his cheeks are bulging.

But to my surprise he does a weird thing, I haven't seen people doing to me before.

He bows down with the right hand in front of his stomach and the other one at his back!

"I should go now" I speak with a confused face placing my palms on the handles just to check whether it's okay.

"Yeah.. You should " the answer came right then.

So right foot on the pedal and I cover my face with the scarf 'cause the cold seems to hug me. I'm riding again.

"Miss Furious" a loud shout from behind makes me stop.

I pull the brakes and turn around. To my surprise I see him at a five metre of distance waving at me with some thing black in his hand.

Oh my god!
I slip my hand in the pockets.

"My phone" I run headfirst towards him mumbling "omg omg."

He can do anything with it.

"How did you get..?" I notice the phone is vibrating in his hand showing 'Steve Jones' on the screen.

He hands me the phone politely,"Go home. Your father must be calling. "

"I don't know how it fell off." I spoke with politeness pointing the phone.

Without any further talk he went away with his cycle and soon disappeared in the fog.

"Hello, father." I sound excited as usual.

"Hello! you woke up this early today Phil! I'm a little surprised 'cause you never receive calls at this hour. ! "a gentle but husky voice spoke.

"I... um came for a morning cycling! Why did you call now? "I say nervously.

"It's okay. I am happy. And now I called up just to know if your mother's sleeping.  I have got things to say to you. " he pauses a second and clears his throat "I wanted to say you not to bother your mother." he says with an advising tone I don't wish to hear anymore. Mother must have complained.

"I... " I speak and he interrupts me saying "Let me speak Phil.
She's a very hardworking woman. She loves us all, infact more than she loves herself. She's all alone Phil, doing her job and raising two girls. We should understand her, or atleast try to. " he says with a soft voice, without pausing even for a second.

His voice makes me sad. I can't hold back the waters that appear in my eyes. The way he speaks as a gentleman and that he says 'we' makes me so comfortable. Like I have people to hold on to. I calm down. I don't say a word. I keep listening.

"After you go to school, she's all alone at home. She has no one to talk to. And I can't be on a call with her forever! " he tries to laugh a little.

"Father, you are coming on my birthday. Aren't you? "I cut him in the middle and I ask him while the beautiful morning scenery before me blurs due to the tears. I haven't seen him in seven months.

"Yes. I think I will"

"Okay" I say as usual. I can't force him to come when he has his duty.

"You don't have to make her happy. Just do not argue. I know she gets mad when somebody defeats her in mouth battles." he tries to laugh again on the other side of the phone which is quite fake. "And study."

Then we say our 'goodbyes'. There is nothing much to speak.

This lectures are like daily classes. Once a week and Every week I'll have a fight with mother and hence this lessons from father.

How would he know it's getting so difficult with mother! However, I also know there is nothing much I can do other than taking this heavy breaths and leaving them one by one. I rub the tears with my arm which had made there ways to the cheeks and is forming drop which are sticking below the chin. For me this is life.

I check the whatsapp and see a "Hey! Zzz" from Ryan.

I hope he isn't mad at me for yesterday.

I behaved really weird.

...

Thank you for the votes and comments and appreciations. Those really really help me.

I want to write better:)

Thank you for your patience :)