My youngest cousin Samandriel was begging to play on my phone. I refused to let him. The other two Gadreel and Tessa were examining my room thoroughly.

Suddenly my phone beeped, it was Dean. I silenced it immediately but all three of my cousins were now staring at me curiously.

"Who was that?" Tessa asked, she was 15 very clever for her age, with neat brown hair and dark brown eyes.

Her twin brother Gadreel leaned against the door smirking. He was already as tall as me despite being considerably younger, and fairly intimidating. "So, cut the crap, is it true?" He smiled after a few seconds of silence.

"What?" I frowned completely clueless.

"Are you a homo?"

"Um..." I wasn't sure what to reply I knew nothing I could say would have a positive outcome.

"We already know, we heard our parents talking about it to your dad last week." He continued smugly.

"Oh," was all I was able to reply.

"So like, your dad kinda hates you huh?" Tessa asked as if she didn't already know the answer.

I couldn't say anything only nod.

"Of course he does, his son's fucked up Tessa." Gadreel sneered.

I felt a lump growing in my throat. I'd known these kids since they were born and now they'll never want to spend time with me because I prefer guys to girls. It all seemed so stupid.

I glanced at Samandriel who was bouncing on the bed next to me. His wide eyes darting between his siblings and me. He was the only one I had hope for. He was still so young and innocent.

"Kids supper's ready!" I heard my mother call and breathed a sigh of relief, forcing my cousins out of my bedroom.

All through our meal I received a series of hand gestures when our parents weren't looking or kicks to the shin from under the table.

It was probably the main reason I had a slip and cut that night, although it was hard to tell. I hadn't seen Dean in a while. Dean helped so much. After my suicide attempt my parents searched my room and flushed two of the blades they'd found. But they missed one and despite every part of my brain telling myself to get rid of it, I couldn't.

The second I'd done it I hated myself even more. I'd just thrown away so many weeks of hard work for one little slip.

—————————————————————

The next morning was Monday and I was so ready to see my boyfriend I could hardly contain myself as I waited for Dean to text.

Sure enough at 1pm my phone pinged and I grabbed it frantically.

Dean Bean: I'm outside :)

I stumbled down the stairs throwing on my trench coat as I went.

"Going out?" My dad called from his seat in the living room.

"Um yeah, I'm just going to meet Hannah." I told him knowing he wouldn't say no to the idea of me spending time with a good Christian girl.

"Don't be back late!" I was already halfway out of the door before he'd finished his sentence.

I saw the impala parked at the end of the road and tried to pretend I wasn't so desperate to see Dean as I climbed into his car.

"Hi!" I beamed. Instead of returning the greeting Dean pulled me towards him and kissed me passionately.