Chapter 17

Dean's Pov

I went straight to the bleachers to wait for Cas after sports. I was planning on taking him out for a picnic in this cute park I knew just outside of town. It was just the kind of sappy romantic stuff Cas loved. And if he loved it I was down for giving it a try. 

I leant against the side of the huge frame of metal seats and waited for the school bell to signal the end of the day. 

Soon I heard footsteps heading my way and stepped out into view excited to spend the afternoon with Cas. 

But it wasn't Cas. It was Lisa bounding towards me, still in her revealing cheer leading outfit. "Oh." I mumbled in surprise.

"Hey Dean!" She smiled widely, batting long lashes and tossing her hair from one shoulder to the other. Even before I spoke to her I could tell she was trying to flirt.

"Hi." I sighed coldly. I couldn't be bothered to giver her any satisfaction.

"What are you doing?"  She sighed severely invading my personal space. I stepped back until I was squished between the bleachers and Lisa. 

"I'm waiting for someone." I swallowed thickly thinking of how to get rid of her. 

"Castiel?" 

"Yeah how'd you guess."

"You hang around him a lot now, you two seem very close." She smirked. What was she getting at, did she know about me and Cas! No, she was probably just making assumptions. 

"Yeah, we are." I replied confidently even though I wanted the ground to swallow me up. Why was Cas taking so long. 

"We used to be close." She whispered putting a hand on the metal bleachers next to my head and leaning in so that I could feel her breath on my face. 

"Well things change." I sighed wanting to push her off but not wanting to appear rude or aggressive. 

"They don't have to be. I'm still single Dean." 

'Well I'm not,' I said in my head but couldn't quite bring myself to say it, I was too afraid of the questions it could bring up. "That's nice." I said instead trying to sound sarcastic. 

But Lisa still didn't seem to get the message and after a few seconds she pushed her lips against mine. 

It was something so familiar for a moment I forgot the circumstances and kissed back. But it was only a moment and Cas quickly came to mind. I pushed Lisa off of me and as she moved I saw a figure out of the corner of my eye. 

"Cas." I choked out, a lump in my through the moment I saw the tears in his eyes. 

I started walking towards him, not worried about Lisa anymore. But he bolted and within a matter of seconds he was tearing across the soccer pitch, and I was following him. 

I screamed out his name, begging him to stop so that I could explain. But he didn't seem to hear me and I soon realised chasing him wasn't going to help things. I stopped running and bent over to catch my breath, whilst keeping one eye on Cas the whole time watching him disappear into the maze of corridors. 

I couldn't believe what had happened. Was that it, was it all over because of a stupid kiss. I felt something hot fall down my cheek and realised I was crying heavily, my whole body shaking with each sob. I collapsed to my knees and buried my head in my hands. How could I have been so stupid.  

Cas' Pov

Dean had stopped following me a while back but I kept running. I couldn't tell myself to stop. I was out of the school gates soon enough and on the busy main road.