chapter twenty two

Start from the beginning

"So, what're are we gonna play?" Daniel asked me as we started to confront the huge yet beautiful water fountain.

"Just follow my lead, okay?" I assured him, sitting down. Smiling big, he nodded as I began strumming.

Don't be afraid to catch feels
Ride, drop, top and chase thrills
I know you ain't afraid to catch feels
(Feels with me)

Y dónde está mi gente?
(Mais il faut bouger la tête)
Y dónde está mi gente?
(Feels with me)

Y dónde está mi gente?
(Don't be afraid to catch feels)
I know you ain't afraid to catch feels
(Feels with me)

Soon, we had at least $10 from strangers who walked by and heard us. I saw Alex as well.

"Hey, Ayla," Alex waved at me and began to walk over to us. "Yo, Alex," I waved back, using my free hand to block the sun from my eyes. Daniel smiled at him. "What's up, you must be Ayla's boyfriend?" Alex question as they did that weird handshake thing guys do. "Yeah. Yeah, I am, it's nice to meet you, Alex." Daniel was surprisingly really chill with Alex now. Considering that last time, he almost punched him because he was checking me out.

"You guys were amazing out there"

"Please tell her. She never listens to me," Daniel joked, softly shaking his head. I elbowed him, causing him to chuckle. "I already did, she doesn't listen to anyone I guess," Alex said, recalling that day in the rain. "You see that guy standing beside the fountain?" He pointed towards a tall, built man who was wearing a suit and tie. "That's my dad. I told him about you, Ayla, he wants to try it out." My eyes widened as the man started walking over to me.

"Hi. I'm Christopher Lee, business manager for music careers and rising stars. I noticed that you and your boyfriend have a very good talent. Especially with each other."

"I'm actually in a band. Daniel Seavey," Daniel threw his hand out humbly to shake Mr. Lee's. His face lit up, "Daniel Seavey from 'Why Don't We' I hardly recognized you without the other four!"  He exclaimed. Daniel grinning ear to ear. He turned back to me, "Well, Ayla, I'd like to make you a deal. You can record some music ya know, get the feel of doing this kinda thing, then bam! I'll make you a star. Just start this Friday-"

"Sorry sir, I can't do Friday. That's my graduation day." I interrupted as he spoke. Sighing, "That's a shame," He spoke, he shook his head, "I guess we don't have a deal then. Let's go Alex," They began walking away. Daniels mouth hanging ajar, "Ayla! That was your chance!"

I shrugged, "I'm not missing this graduation. I have a good feeling about it. Besides," I took his hand and started walking out the square, "I'm going on America's Got Talent, American Idol or whatever, soon. Don't worry, I know what I'm doing."

Swinging open the door, Daniel huffed, "I sure hope so."

-

Daniel and I were sitting on the couch watching Cupcake Wars when I heard the door creak open. "Finally!" I exclaimed, leaping from the couch, Maya screeching in return. We ran up to each other and I jumped onto her. Clinging to her body like a koala. "I missed you!" I shouted, tightening my grip around her. "I missed you more!"

"Where are the others?" She asked me, looking around. "Corbyn woke up late," Daniel said in the back, Maya walked over and hugged him, "Oh, hey Jonah," She muttered. I looked behind me and saw Jonah, standing there, just giving us a grin. "Hey guys. Maya," He nodded towards Maya. Shooting him a glare, Maya calmly said, "Excuse me, I'm gonna try calling Zach," flipping her brown hair, she walked to the kitchen and dialed Zach. Jonah, Daniel and I stood there quietly until I decided to shuffle over to Daniel and take a seat by him.