chapter fifteen

ayla's pov |

"Carter!" I lifted him up off the ground, "Happy birthday, babe!" I shouted, giving him kisses.

"The big 5! A whole hand!" Daniel yelled, taking Carter from my arms. He screeched and thanked us, right before we all huddled in, giving him a big hug. Christina went to the counter and took out a birthday cake that read 'Happy Birthday Carter!" in blue frosting.

"In honor of your special day, we decided to bake you a cake!" Christina exclaimed, holding the cake further out. "But we've also decided to take you somewhere else," Zach started to say, "DisneyWorld!" Carter stood still. "It was Ayla's idea!" He shouted, throwing his hands up in surrender. I've never seen a little boy in a cast jump higher. Carter was so excited he leaped into my arms again. "When?! Today?! Right now?!" He was screaming at the top of his lungs. I laughed, "Yes today! At 12:00 to be exact so you better go get ready!" Carters jaw hung open, blinking a few times, he snapped back to reality. "Daniel!" Daniel looked over at him as Carter walked over grabbing his hand, "You have to help me get ready! I am not prepared at all. I need to find a cool shirt to show Mickey when we get there." He gasped, "What if I see Moana! She's so pretty. She looks kinda like Ayla," I giggled at his words as he kept blabbering all the way upstairs. Taking Daniel with him.

"Ayla, I don't think it's a great idea for me to go," Jonah said, rubbing the back of his head. "Besides, roller coasters aren't really my thing," he added. "Yeah, and I didn't wanna leave him alone. So I'll stay here with him," Jack offered, flicking his curls back. I shrugged, "Whatever you want to do," I sighed.

I didn't want to cause Daniel and Jonah anymore trouble. It pained me to see two boys that have been best friends for so long, fight over a girl who probably wasn't even worth it. I say that because, people are scary. We change our minds in the blink of an eye. One moment it's 'I love you' and 'You make me so happy' and all of a sudden it's 'I'm not sure anymore' or 'This isn't what I want' We're so full of surprises, half the time we don't even notice this about ourselves. It's just weird having one of your best friends be in love with you.

"You okay, A?" Maya placed her cold hand on my shoulder. I quickly flinched, "Yeah, I was just, you know, thinking about how we were gonna explore the park and everything," I pulled my flannel higher onto my shoulders, covering the sleeve of the dark blue shirt I was wearing underneath. "Alright, so what's the plan?" Christina and Corbyn made their way over to the island where I had an entire map of LAs Disney park on the counter. Maya and Zach following.

"So, Daniel isn't gonna be riding on any rollercoasters or rides because I don't wanna risk his concussion getting any worse," I flipped my long french braid over my shoulder. "Uh, Zach? Will you go on some rides with Carter?" I asked pleadingly. Zach was my second go-to. Mostly because he acted like a kid more than Carter did. That's saying a lot right there.

"Yeah definitely," He nodded, letting Maya sit on his lap. "Ayla, what are you gonna be doing?" she questioned, dipping her hand in a bowl of pretzels. "I'm gonna go on some roller coasters. But only some because you know how I get if I go on too many," I mumbled, referring to the time I threw up after riding almost every single ride at Six Flags. I had the Texas Giant and Superman left, but before I could, I puked half my stomach out. It was disgusting.

"Yeah, you better be watching yourself," she warned, popping a pretzel in her mouth. A cool breeze came through the open door. It was a good 80 degrees outside. I was wearing denim shorts with my dark shirt and flannel.

"Christina will be vlogging for this special day and for her channel," Corbyn blurted, wrapping an arm around Christina's waist. "Yes, indeed I will," Christina winked, causing me to burst out a laugh. I looked over at the clock that read 11:02 "Daniel, Carter! Get a move on or we'll leave you here!" I threatened, pulling out my braid and checking my hair in a nearby mirror. I heard a whistle, "Well isn't my girl look gorgeous as always," Daniel announced as he and Carter waltzed down the stairs. He trotted over to me and threw his arms around my stomach from behind me, planting a kiss on my cheek. Looking in the mirror I quickly pulled out my phone, taking a mirror selfie with Carter in it. I posted it to my story and turned around, jumping into Daniels arms bridal style.