chapter eight

ayla's pov |

I woke up to the sound of pots and pans banging and screams of "WAY-HO, WAY-HO" I tiredly rubbed my eyes and rolled out of bed, then rushed downstairs. I was walking down and the noise got louder and louder.

Then I entered the kitchen and saw Daniel banging two pots together, Zach screaming 'Way-Ho' Jonah peacefully making pancakes at the stove, Jack dancing like a little Irish man, and Corbyn and Christina, calmly sipping their morning coffee as the entire kitchen looked and sounded like a wild zoo.

"My Super Star has awakened from her slumber," Daniel announced, putting one of the pans to his face like a mic and throwing the other high in the air, catching it perfectly. Zach started clapping, while Jonah attempted to flip a pancake and failed. As he tossed it into the air, we all watched in awe as it marvelously flipped, but our glances dropped when it smacked right onto the floor, with batter splattering everywhere. Making all of us to erupt in laughter. Just as I looked over to Corbyn, he was taking a drink of his coffee and the laughing caused him to spit out his coffee onto the table, making us laugh even harder.

"Corbyn!" Christina snorted as she jumped up avoiding the tsunami of coffee being released from Corbyn's mouth.

Corbyn just continued laughing, slamming his hand onto the table repeatedly. Daniel walked over to me and threw his arm around me, planting a kiss on my cheek. I turned to him and placed another on his soft lips that I could never get enough of.

He looked to the gang, "So, what're we doing today,"

"Well, I think that Ayla should decide, it's her first day here!" Christina excitedly pointed out. I thought for a second then finally got an idea.

"We should go spend the day at the beach and film a mashup!" I suggested. Daniel gasped, "You should be in it! You're an amazing singer that should be recognized for that beautiful voice," I blushed. I have no problem singing in front of people. I just hate when they criticize me for it.

"I don't know, Daniel.." I started. He held my hand and squeezed it, "You have a beautiful voice and you're gorgeous. People will love you. You know I do," he spoke with softness in his voice. "Fine," I playfully kicked him while Christina was practically jumping up and down because of her happiness. Corbyn completely in love. I laughed and took Christina up stairs so we could get ready. "So, when are you guys going home?" Christina asked me while slipping off the old t-shirt she had slept in. I threw on one of Daniels shirts with denim shorts and sandals. Christina threw on Corbyn's shirt with white shorts and flip flops. "Well, I don't really know, when my dad thinks the coast is clear I guess," I said while turning on my wand.

"Till the coast is clear?" she spoke again while starting to straighten her hair. "Oh yeah, my mom is a crazy ass bitch now, by the way," I rolled my eyes and started curling my hair. Christina gasped, "What do you mean?"

"She hit me when she found out I was hanging out with the boys again and threatened to kill me and Carter. Dad is gonna kick her out if she pulls any more bull shit and if she tries coming back he'll call the cops and get her sent to the slammer," I retold my story as I released a perfect curl from my hand. "Wow, that is some crazy shit," she laughed and in karma, burned herself. "Ouch, that hurt" she squealed as I chuckled. I slowly pulled out my Apple Watch, as I put it on, Christina noticed my bruise. "Ayla! What the hell?" she pointed towards the bruise. I turned my head and showed her the now purple and blue bruise on my cheek. She gasped again and gently placed a hand on it.

"Holy shit. How did I not notice this last night," she spoke as she studied my cheek. "That's not even the worst of it," I lifted my shirt and flashed the gigantic bruise that took up half of my back. "Ayla.." she set down the makeup she was adding to her face.