chapter fourteen

ayla's pov |

"What's up, Ayla,"Jonah giddily made his way over to me, Daniels eyes following his every footstep. "I need to talk to you," I could feel my fingers getting fidgety, looking down at my feet, noticing my palms were sweating. My eye got caught over at Daniel, who was calmly sitting on the couch with his arm around Carter, giggling about the show they were watching.

"Alright. About what?" He pulled out a chair and I sat down, glancing over to the window, I listened to the pattering of the light rain falling on the windowsill. Taking a deep breath, I let out my confession, "I know." Jonah shook his head with a confused look. "Know what?" I sighed, "I know that you have a crush on me," I murmured, low enough so nobody would hear.

Jonah frantically looked around, his face turning a bright red. He lightly pounded his fist on the table, licking his lips, "Who snitched," he demanded. I looked over to Daniel, "He's the only person who knew. I'm flattered, Jonah. But he's my boyfriend and I love him with all my heart." Jonah kept his eyes glued to the ground. "I know." He sighed looking up at me, "But I can't help that I'm falling in love with you more everyday," Jonah spoke with a bit of anger in his voice. I stayed quiet, not knowing what to say. "Jonah, I'm in love with Daniel.. I know it may be hard but, these feelings for me. They need to end. Or be controlled or something. You know that, right?" He shot up instantly and softly shouted, "Don't you think I've tried? I would never hurt Daniel like that. I just can't stop, no matter how hard I try to," He paced back and forth running his fingers through his hair and continuing, "That's why I didn't want you to find out," he mumbled under his breath. I quickly reached for his hand, "Jonah it's okay, you know I love you. Just not in that way.." He ripped away and stormed upstairs.

I sighed, "That didn't go very well," I dug my face into my hands and felt Daniel's footsteps come towards me. Wrapping an arm around my shoulder he slowly said, "It's alright, he'll move on sooner or later."

The light rain started pouring harder which made the mood worsen. I listened to the loud echoing of it as everyone went back to doing everyday things. No one had paid much attention to what had just happened between Jonah and I. It was just Daniel and I, sitting at the island in silence. Jonah had ran upstairs and we didn't think we should follow him. "On second thought, I think I should go see if he's okay, Ayla."

I sat up, holding onto his arm, "Just be careful, Dani. We both know what he's capable of when he's mad," I warned. "Trust me. I know," he whispered as he walked upstairs to Jonah's room. I calmly lugged over to the couch, resting next to Carter, throwing him on my lap. The thought of Jonah and Daniel fighting made my stomach quiver. Especially over something so simple and stupid: me.

Christina, Maya, Carter and I were watching a new episode of Law & Order while Jack, Corbyn, and Zach were playing ping pong. That's when we heard a crash. I immediately jumped up, "Carter, here," I set him on the ground and ran upstairs, "Everyone stay down here." Christina was following me on my tail, "Ayla, it's probably not safe up there to go alone, it sounds like they're fighting." I turned and told her to trust me. She stayed put while I continued barging up the stairs. Turning the corner and into Jonah's room, I found a broken frame that had shattered on the ground.

"Jonah you know I love her. Why can't you just back off," Daniel was shouting as I entered the room. "Well I liked her first! You know that," Jonah shot back, pointing his finger at Daniel. "Jonah. It doesn't matter. She loves me. Nothing you say or do can change that." Daniel calmly spoke, his chest rising up and down. "Wanna bet," Jonah grumbled, seeing my presence, walking over to me. "Jonah don't do this." Daniel warned. He came closer to me as I was trying to back out of the room, "Jonah, please stop." Jonah pulled me in closer to him, placing his ice cold hands on my cheeks, "Stop, Jonah!" I tried getting free from his grip, but failed. He began planting his lips onto mine while I tried turning away and pushing him off of me. Then he glanced over to Daniel, who's eyes were puffy and red, still panting hard. Jaw dropping to ground, forming an 'o'. Daniel knew his own band mate. He wouldn't do this. Jonah looked me in the eyes and softly let me go. "I'm sorry." He spoke with regret in his voice. "I'm sorry. I don't know why I did that," He sobbed, wiping his nose. "Daniel," He turned to face him but Daniel was already making his way out the door, tears beginning to flood his blue eyes. Reaching for him, Jonah caught his shirt, Daniel tried pulling away, causing him to turn so sharply, he slipped. Hitting his head on the edge of a nearby table. Jonah's eyes widened, his hands resting on top of his head, "No. No. No," He closed his eyes, beginning to sob.