chapter seventeen

third person |

Daniel slammed the door on Ayla, cursing under his breath. "Daniel, calm down." Maya pleaded. He shrugged her away and took his anger out on the nearby coffee table, flipping it over several times until it hit the wall. He felt like he had heard enough. Just the thought of Ayla letting that creep kiss her made him shiver to the core.

'How could she do something like this to me' Daniel thought. He loved her so much. He still did love her. No matter how much he felt she hurt him.

"Daniel, trust me, it's not what it looks like," Christina threw in as Daniel selflessly punched the dry wall in front of him. After every throw, his fist got bloodier and bloodier until it was only raw skin and blood, though it hurt, it didn't compare to the pain Ayla caused him. Yelping mercifully, Daniel smashed his face into a pillow, giving the loudest scream he possibly could. The thoughts racing through his mind, wanting to throw themselves at Ayla, so she would know what she'd done to him. Feeling a hand rubbing on his back, Daniel turned to see Zach, who brought them into a hug, "Go talk to her, it's not what it looks like," Out of sadness, Daniel shooed him away, "No. Some fans have told me about it. About her. Saying she's a gold digger and wants fame. Maybe they're right," He shot. He knew it was lies but he needed an excuse to be so angry at her. Zach laughed at him as if Daniel had said something even remotely funny, "What?"

"You're not seriously gonna believe things a few people say, are you?" Zach spoke, making perfect sense. "I mean, look at all the good things people say about her. Half the time they don't even know what they're talking about. They don't know her like you do. Besides, what they say shouldn't matter anyways, because you know she'd never do something like this to purposely hurt you. She loves you, Daniel. You don't purposely destroy someone you love." Daniel's chest began to slowly rise up and down, getting slower as he calmed himself by the second, "It's my fault. I wasn't there. Like she said," He rubbed his temples feeling awful for what he'd done.

Wiping away his tears, "You're right, Zach. I love her and she loves me. There has to be an explanation for this," Daniel turned to reach for the door, but as soon as he saw Jonah, sitting next to Ayla, he stopped. It looked like they were a happy little couple. Which easily made his heart shatter into a billion pieces. All the anger quickly came back, rushing over him like a tsunami.

He furiously swung open the door, "Are you kidding me," he scoffed, making her turn around, "You've got to be kidding me," they could all see the tears burning and wanting to leave his now pale eyes. The life had been sucked out of those eyes, because he was so heartbroken but he didn't let them. He just walked up to her and stared at her. Looking from her dark hair that was tied into a messy but neat ponytail that wistfully ran down her back. Her eyes that he always found amazing, in their color that was so rare. Her lips that were nice a tender, a pink shade that he loved to kiss so much. Then finally, her in general, he remembered her personality that was like gold and wondered;

'How could someone so beautiful do something so cruel?'

Snapping back to reality, "Ayla, why are you doing this," Daniel questioned, tears begging to race down his cheeks. Ayla slowly stood up and away from Jonah, making her way up to Daniel. "Daniel, if you would just let me explain to you," stepping back, he shook his head in denial, interrupting her, "Maybe they were right about you. Maybe all you are is a gold digger that just wants to leech off our fame and try sleeping with one of us, maybe even all of us for God's sake!" He shouted throwing his hands up. He didn't mean a word that he spoke. Ayla felt like her entire world was caving in. There was a knot so big and tight in her throat, not even allowing her to simply breathe. The knives that were coming out of his mouth in word-form were actually stabbing at her heart. Making the pain worsen. She never would've thought Daniel could say something like that to her.