Ten

El Capitulo Final 😳

It's been a few days since my last encounter with Mani and I made an executive decision to tell her how i feel. I was terrified to say the least but what's the worst that could happen, right? Even if maybe she doesn't return my feelings I could wait for her. She's worth it.

Before I could talk myself out of it, I pulled out my phone, scrolling through the contacts until I saw an all too familiar face. She's so effortlessly beautiful.

Shaking the fluffy thoughts from my head, I clicked into the texting app and typed up my message.

Hey Mani. Can you meet me at the park? It's important.

Her response came in faster than I expected, but I was pleased.

Yeah sure. I'm close by. Give me 5?

I texted a quick "Okay" before rushing to my room to at least attempt to look nice. After All, this was probably the most important conversation we'll ever have. It could make or break us. I'm not exactly sure what making sure my ass looked good in these jeans had to do with it, but I didn't care.

After just a minute or two of primping, I was on my way.

I enjoyed the walk. It was finally sunny out and warm too. If that wasn't a sign of how well things were gonna go, I don't know what is.

I found the nearest bench then sat on it, humming softly. To my surprise, there was no anxiety about the upcoming conversation. In fact, I was excited. I wanted to change.

There comes a time when you have to ask yourself, is this really how I want to live my life? Scared and alone? Did I really want to live in fear of my own happiness?

If I were to ask myself these questions just a year ago, the answer would be a unanimous yes, but not now. I wasn't afraid anymore. Call it fate, or just dumb luck, but I found someone I truly wanted to be with. Letting her go wasn't an option.

"Lauren?" I smiled up at the beautiful girl, standing quickly to kiss her. I could feel my anxiety slowly starting to creep up but I pushed it down. I was going to make it through this.

"Hi, Mani. How are you?"

"I'm okay, you?" She sat on the bench, crossing her legs. I followed her actions, feeling weird about being the only one standing.

"Better now that I'm with you."

"Cute. So what's up? You said this was important?" She looked around the empty park, sighing softly. "It feels really good out here.."

"Yeah, I know. It's part of the reason I wanted to meet out here. Ally says sunlight is good for me." She laughed softly nodding at the statement.

"She's right. You're always cooped up in your room, I'd be surprised if you even came out for graduation."

"Of course I would. I didn't spend four years of my life here to fuck around..." silence took over fairly quickly but I didn't make a move to break it. Listening to the soft blow of the wind was calming and now I needed it. The closer I got myself to saying how I felt, the more nervous I was.

"Lauren? Are you okay?"

No, I wasn't, but she didn't need to know that. I can do this.

I slowly turned towards the beautiful girl and uttered the three words I've been dreading for the past week.

"I love you."

I watched as a look of guilt and sadness took over her once carefree features. Fuck, that can't be good.