Seven

Today is going to be a good day. I'm almost completely sure I can keep my grades up until the end of the year and I actually feel happy for once. Things with Normani have been more or less pleasant, so I'm staying positive.

"Hey, Lauren, can I talk to you?' I looked over towards the familiar voice but only scoffed in return. Maybe I won't be staying positive. He knew damn well I wasn't going to talk to him. "I'm serious, I know you don't like me. I'm coming to you as a fellow human." I eyed him warily but the determination in his eyes was evident so I gave in.

"Fine, Adrian. Make it quick. Please. I'm trying to have a good day." I closed the book I was reading and turned towards him giving my full attention. He sat beside me thankfully leaving a good amount of space between us.

"I'm not one to gossip- really I'm not. But I feel like I should tell you this..." I sigh growing tired of his dramatic intro. If it was actually important I wished he'd just say it.

"I don't have all day, Adrian."

"You and Normani," He trailed off awkwardly, "are you..a thing? I know you've been close these past few months.." I scoffed again, shaking my head. Of course he'd pull this shit. Everything is a goddamn joke to him. I stood up, turning to him before I stormed off.

"Okay, I see where this is going and I want no part of it. You need h-"

"No. I'm not- don't go. Seriously." He held my arm in a loose grip, gently pulling me back down. "It's not about me. I'm not being manipulative. I was just asking because I thought you were and well...it just didn't really seem like it when I saw her earlier."

I pulled my arm from his grip then crossed them over my chest.

"What the hell are you talking about?"

"I saw her with a guy. They just seemed pretty close. Not a platonic kind of thing. They walked off together." He explained shrugging his shoulders. I wasn't completely sure if I believed him or not. He looked like he was telling the truth, but even so, I doubt it really meant anything. They're probably just friends.

"I'm pretty sure you're reading too deep into it buddy." I chuckled, trying to relax. There's no way it was anything more than a friendly chat. He frowned making my easygoing façade falter. "What?"

"I just.. I don't think you're reading deep enough. She...well I don't even know if you guys are even dating. Maybe it's not a big deal..."

"No, we've...we.." oh god. Are we? How have I managed to spend nearly every day with this girl going on dates and kissing and.. doing everything a couple does without actually being a couple. Unless we were? But she did refer to me as a friend. Was I? Why don't I know this? I'm an idiot.

"It's not important. Like I said you're too worried about this. Especially when it doesn't concern you." I snapped rolling my eyes. I wasn't dealing with this. I'm not stressing myself out today.

"It's 'not important' because you don't know what you are. She's not going to let you become more than a friend with benefits. That's if you're even sleeping with her. If not, I guarantee she's already fulfilling her needs with someone else- probably the Dude she was talking t-"

"You don't know her. Or me okay? You don't know what you're talking about. You're just trying to get me to turn on her. For whatever fucked up reason." This was bullshit. The first time I'm truly happy with my life and relationships and he tries to fuck it up. I wasn't dealing with it.

"No I'm not. Lauren. We aren't even friends. I have nothing to gain by telling you this. I'm not that much of a prick. I was just looking out for you. But yeah, sure, attack me." He scoffed standing up, he frowned down at me then silently walked away. He couldn't have really meant that, right? I'm sure he's just overreacting. Maybe I'll just go talk to her just in case.