Ectore

I do not understand what has been going on. I do not understand why this young women thanked my body for something that it did not do. I did not understand how I simply knew that those two in the forest were dead. I did not understand why this entire situation was occurring. I simply did not understand.

I watch through the eyes of my body, the young women wobble away with her chin held high and her back straight. I was willing to bet that she's going to have twins because of how round she is.

'Why did she thank you body?' I asked aloud not truly expecting for my body to respond. Just as I predicted, no answer came.

Sighing, I fell into the abyss and thought about all the possibilities that could've happened for these strange events to have occurred.

Later, when my mind was no longer able to function properly because of all the thinking it was currently doing, I stopped and simply laid in the abyss.

'I wonder how long it's been.' I thought to myself.

'Should I stand up and bother? Or should I simply stay here? After all, it's not as if anyone truly cares if I am present or not.' I said to myself

'Perhaps I will take a look and see how time has passed since I last saw the sunlight.' I smiled and stood up and made my way over to my eyes.

What I saw frightened me.

It was pitch black out but there was the purest whitest snow laying on the ground around my body on the forest floor. The moon was full and you couldn't hear not a sound. The trees did not move, which indicated that it was not windy out. The light seemed to make the snow glow unnaturally white.

My body simply stood there, staring at God knows what.

My body stood there for so long I began to believe that my body was going to become frozen any second now when I heard a noise off to my left. The noise was so faint that if even a sound of insects in the night air were heard, you'd miss this smallest of noises. Still, my body did not move not an inch. I turned to get a better view form my body's peripheral vision but I was only able to see some trees and more darkness.

I stood in that spot waiting for something to happen. However, I did not hear that noise again. Sighing, I turned to my right to see if maybe something interesting was happening there. Unfortunately for me, there was nothing. I did not even hear a sound.

Groaning, I screamed, 'Why are we here?!'

Silence

Shaking my head, I thought to myself that I should know better than to ask my body questions by this point. Closing my eyes, I took steadying breaths to calm myself down from my rising anger. Anger was going to get me no where. Especially since I am not in control of my own body.

That was when I heard a sound. A very loud sound.

Quickly opening my eyes, I ran towards my eyes and looked all around to see if I was able to see anything. I saw nothing but snow lightly falling onto the ground. Turning, I looked around frantically. Nothing was seen in any direction.

"I see you've decided to come after all." A very deep voice said. It sounded familiar yet not familiar all at once.

My body did not move.

The person's slow foot steps were heard in the form of crunching snow as the person's approach came nearer. The anticipation of who it could be nearly ate at my nerves until I was no longer able to hear the crunching sound of snow.

"Turn and face me." The voice said from directly behind my body

My body, however, did not move.

"Turn and face me." The voice said more forcefully

My body did not listen to the voice's directions yet again.

I felt that the voice wished to grab my body's arm and forcefully make my body turn to face the voice. However, just as the voice reached towards my body's arm, my body disappeared and reappeared about 20 or so feet from the voice facing him.

Due to my body's current position, I was able to get a rather good or so view of his face. It was rather difficult to make out exact features seeing as how dark it was out with only the light of the full moon to guide my sight as well as the distance that my body decided to put between us.

This man that was before my body seemed weary and tired. He looked as if he'd been placed through the gates of hell and saw to the torturous beings down there before being let out. He seemed sad and sorrowful for some reason. He also looked slightly familiar.

"My brother warned me of your trickery Witch. I knew you'd do something of this sort when I made to grab you." He said to my body.

My being was shocked 'Brother?' I asked

The man that stood before me was rather tall and very handsome but he also seemed eerily familiar.

The man began walking towards my body slowly and also began speaking to me calmly, "You are the Witch who's killed my mother. Yet we cannot find her body. It's been three years Witch. Where is my mother? Did you send her to another world?" He stopped about 15 feet from my body and simply stared at my body.

'ECTORE?!' My mind screamed

I felt tears fill my eyes as I saw my son after all this time.

"Are you deaf Witch?" He asked my body

'ANSWER MY SON!' I screamed to my body.

No reply was given to him

"Are you blind Witch? You are looking but are you truly seeing what goes on around you?" Ectore asked

'Please......please answer him....' I cried in a broken whisper

I saw as my son's face slowly began to lose all hope of ever seeing his mother again. I witnessed his eyes misting over but not allowing his tears to fall in front of someone he believes to be a threat and a murder.

"You will not tell the son of the women whom you've killed where her body is so that her family may rest her body and allow her soul peace?" He whispered brokenly, tears thick in his voice.

Again, I felt no response to him question

Ectore's face became the picture of sorrow and grabbed a dagger that was previously hidden and ran at my body so fast I was surprised he hadn't caught my body. I felt that strange rush of air my body disappeared once more, but when it reappeared, we were no longer in the forest but back in the little house that the body receded in.

I allowed my sorrow and my pain take over what little was left of my heart and dropped down into the abyss once again and screamed my frustration, anger, hatred, and sorrow into the abyss around me.