The Picking of the Names (E)

"How is it possible that these beautiful angels are mine?" Cain whispered next to me as he looked down at our son and daughter in their crib.

Turning to face Cain I grabbed his face in my hands and said, "Because you are a good man, no matter what you've done in your past; no matter what you do in battle, you are a good man." I kissed him passionately as he wrapped his arms around me.

I do not recall how long we both stood their, kissing hungry, but when we broke apart both of us were breathing heavily.

"You are a beautiful women, my love. A wonderful mother and an even better wife." He breathed as he leaned his head against mine.

Smiling at him, I pecked his lips one last time and intertwined our fingers and turned back to see that my babies were holding each other's hands in their sleep.

They were angelic. My babies were simply beautiful. 

I remember how we came about with the choosing of our son and daughters names.

Smiling down at them both I let my memories fly me to ten months prior.

"You are having twins." the Witch told me

I turned to face her. She was wearing all red today. Her white hair was braided with red ribbons, her dress cheery red with gold accents. It made her seem much older than her already old age.

"Twins?" I questioned

"Yes. You are about two weeks along now." She nodded her head and handed me a cup that I did not realize she was holding.

Glancing down at the mint scented tea I drank the warm substance and thought about the idea of two babies at one time.

She sat opposite me and began knitting something with various different colors.

"But that would mean that I became pregnant the night of my wedding." I whispered to myself.

"Yes, it would appear so. But than again, did you believe it would take longer than one night with that man for you to become with child?" She glanced at me and smirked

I felt my face flush at the memory of that night with Cain.

If I had believed that he was too much without once entering me I was awakened of just how much he was once he was one with my body. I did not get any rest that night. Not even fifteen-minute naps. No that night, Cain had his fill of my body and made me become one with the universe; that was how many times he brought me to release.

Witch cleared her throat, snapping me back into our conversation.

"I see that you were recalling making those babies in your womb." She smirked at me

With my face as warm as the fire on a cold day I did not answer her.

"I have already began making the children clothes and quilts for their births." Nodding her head in time with her knitting she suddenly stopped and turned in her seat.

She brought out a giant cloth bag. "Here you are dear. These are for Braiden and Cain." She handed me the bag and then removed herself from the chair.

"Cain is going to come home early today, Anora." She said to me as she walked out of the door.

How strange. Twins? Clothes for Braiden and Cain? Strange indeed. 

Shaking my head of all the news and gifts, I got up from the chair and made my way to Cain and my room.

I stood in front of the dressing mirror that Cain gave to me just days ago and stared at my flat belly. Gently touching it, I felt nothing out of the ordinary.