chapter thirty: we fight until the end

"There is freedom waiting for you,
On the breezes of the sky,
And you ask 'What if I fall?'
Oh but my darling,
What if you fly?"

"There is freedom waiting for you,On the breezes of the sky,And you ask 'What if I fall?'Oh but my darling,What if you fly?"

_________

Stan and Mags walked back to their homes, hand in hand. The quarry was a long ways away from their neighborhood, but that didn't bother them as much, because that meant that they could stay by each other's sides longer. They would walk a hundred miles if it meant being together.

The two finally reached their destination after the long journey. Stan and Mags were met with the whole club standing outside their neighboring homes. They were all on their tawny bikes and had a look of determination on their faces.

"Look," Richie said, "We are going to find this mother fucking clown, and when we do, we are going to kill it."

"It has toyed with us long enough, and now it's our turn," Mike added on.

Everyone nodded in agreement, including Stan and Maggie.

"So, how do we find it?" Maggie questioned.

"We are going to head back to the well house, and into the well where the all the sewers connected. Where we found Stan, that's where we'll find It," Ben declared.

Mags looked at Stanley's worrisome face. She knew what happened down there, and she wasn't going to let it hurt Stanley anymore. She leaned into his ear and whispered, "It's okay, Stanley," She grabbed hold of his hand once more, "You're going to be okay."

Stanley closed his eyes and nodded, confirming that he would go along with the plan.

"A-Alright," Bill stuttered, "We should p-probably get g-g-going now."

Stanley and Maggie fetched their bikes from their garages and hopped on them. The group began to head towards the dreaded well house, hoping they would never have to go back there again.

After a long and oddly silent ride, they finally arrived. Goosebumps appeared on everyone's skin as they inched closer towards the dwelling. Bill was the first to head up the broken stairs when he turned around and faced the rest of the group.

"I just wanted to say, whatever happens in there, I know we will make it out alive. No matter what, we leave no one behind, and we fight until the end, until it's dead. Let's go do this." Bill clearly spoke.

"Wow," Richie said.

"What?" Mags asked.

"He didn't stutter once," he replied.

The club followed Bill and slowly crept inside to be smacked in the face with that repulsive stench yet again. He motioned for the group to follow him towards the well.

They all shuffled around the deep hole in the ground. Eddie took Bill's flashlight and shone it down into the abyss, then cringed.

"So many diseases," Eddie shuddered.

The entire group glared at him with a look that made Eddie change his mind.

"I-I mean, disease is for the weak!" His voice cracked and handed the flashlight back to Bill.

Maggie found the rope they had previously used before, grabbed it, and threw it over the edge. She tied the end of it to a thick metal beam that she hoped would support their weight.

Bill hopped on the rope and headed down. Following him was Mike, Richie, Eddie, and Ben.

"I-I don't know if I can do this, Mags. I don't know if I can lose you again," Stan said with worry in his tone.

"You aren't going to lose me. I'll be by your side the entire time, okay? I believe in you, Stan. I believe that you are going to be smart, and I believe that you are going brave. I love you Stanley Uris and I won't rest until what has hurt us, will never hurt another person ever again. Come on, let's do this. Together."

Maggie smiled and hesitant smile crept up into Stan's face.

"Okay, let's do this," he said.

Mags hopped onto the rope and Stan did the same. They reached the bottom of the well and joined the others. The group headed through the narrow tunnel, hopefully leading towards retribution.

❁❁❁

___
A/N- Thank you so much for 10k reads! This is unbelievable! Sorry for not posting in a while, I'm working on a separate book, as this one comes to an end. Thanks once more darlings!