chapter thirteen: another twenty-seven years

'I've heard cruel stories
about the past,
but I never expected
such horrible things to last.
If only everyone could keep
a smile on their face,
then this world could just be
a simple and happy place.'

___________

___________

"So Maggie, looks like your vitals are good. You'll be leaving in only a few hours," the doctor said.

Maggie smiled and nodded her head, still laying helpless in the hospital bed.

"But there is one thing. Your friends said you were attacked by a vicious animal, but I don't think this belongs to any kind of animal," the doctor spoke, holding up a long, pointy tooth that was held in a clear, plastic bag. Maggie's eyes widened.

"I found this embedded deep in your arm. We are going to bring this into the lab and run some tests on it."

Maggie had a confused look on her face, trying to avoid showing the look of familiarity towards the object.

"Now you get some rest before you head out, Mrs. Saunders," the doctor spoke one last time.

"I will," said Mags as she began to close her eyes.

The doctor left the room and in came the group of boys, except Bill.

"We heard you were getting released in a few hours. That's pretty good," said Ben, causing Maggie's eyes to open.

"Yeah, I guess so," sighed Maggie.

"What's wrong?" Stan asked as he knelt down to Maggie's side.

"It's nothing," she said quietly, head looking down.

"Maggie, please, tell me. I know when something's bothering you. You can't hide that look from me," Stanley said.

Maggie took a deep breath and spoke, "The doctor, he found a tooth stuck in my arm. Not some kind of an animal, more of a beast. It was long, at least five inches. It looked like the tooth from..." She trailed off and looked into the distance, "From the clown. And that got me thinking, they never found Betty Ripsom-"

"Or her body," Richie cut in.

Stan gave him a piercing glare and so did the rest of the group.

"Oh, shit, sorry. Forgot you were friends with her."

"No, you're right," Maggie replied, "they never found her body. She just seemed to had disappeared. And since I've been stuck in this hospital for about a week, I asked if I could get some books from the library that had history on this town. I read somewhere once about a Derry beaver training camp, and how one night everyone had simply disappeared as if they just-"

"Got up and left," Ben and Mags said at the same time. They both glanced at each other.

"I do lots of research, too," Ben added.

Maggie nodded in agreeance, then got up from her hospital bed. She stumbled a little bit, but regained her balance holding onto Stanley.

"Woah, woah, woah, Maggie take it easy," Stan said, with worry in his tone.

"I'm fine, really." She looked into his eyes, and he nodded.

"Then I got deeper into the research. There was an Ironworks explosion that happened in 1908, the Bradley Gang Outlaws in '35, and the Black Spot in '62. Whatever is happening to this town, whatever is doing this to the people, it happens ever twenty-seven years," Maggie recited.

"Holy shit," Richie muttered.

"Guys, I have a really bad feeling about this, maybe we should just leave this alone," Eddie said.

"Are you kidding me? Look at her!" Stan spoke out, then turned towards Mags, "Maggie, I promise that we will find this clown, and we are going to make sure that it never hurts you, or anyone ever again."

Maggie's heart smiled as she realized how important she was to him. Stan and pulled her swiftly into a warm embrace, and hugged her gently. She closed her eyes and rested her head on his shoulder.

Just then, Bill ran into the room, exasperated.

"G-Guys. I-I-It's Ge-Ge-Ge-Ge-"

"Come on! Spit it out!" Richie exclaimed.

"Ge-Georgie. He's m-missing."

Everyone turned to look at Maggie, then back at Bill. It was happening. IT was happening, and it was 1989, which just so happened to be— another twenty-seven years.

A/N— A lot of you seem confused on the timeline, that is my bad. I made a disclaimer at the beginning of this book that the events in this story may not be true to the original storyline of IT. I had to change some things up to make it work, sorry if you're confused.

❁❁❁