chapter fourteen: hello, sweetie

'To know that I miss you
so much when you leave;
to know that I need you
like the the air that I breathe.'

___________

___________

The room was filled with silence and people not daring to break it.

"What do you mean he's missing?" Mike said.

"I me-me-mean exactly what is s-s-s-said. Ge-Ge-Georgie's m-m-m-missing!" Bill spat out.

"Where was the last place you saw him?" Maggie, still holding onto Stanley, softly spoke with a genuinely concerned look upon her pale face.

"He was wa-wa-wa-walking alongside th-the road by the sewer, trying to f-f-f-float his pape-paper boat..." Bill trailed off.

"Then what?" shouted Richie.

"...He was g-gone."

"Holy shit! You don't think it was-" Richie was cut off by a nudge from Stan. Bill was confused and was about to open his mouth when someone cut him off.

"Well, he wave to look for him, right?" Maggie's concerned voice spoke out again.

Everyone glanced over to her then back at Bill.

"I-I-I don't know where to s-start," stuttered Bill.

"How about the barrens? All sewers connect there," Maggie guessed.

Bill gave a small smile, then nodded. Moments later, the doctor entered the room.

"Looks like you're going to be released..." His voice trailed off as he looked down at his clipboard, "Now."

Maggie had a relieved look on her face. She was just ready to just get out of this place.

"Here is a bag of your belongings, and prescription medicine that your parent signed off on," the doctor said handing her the bag.

Maggie's face of relief turned to one of confusion.

"I'm sorry, 'parent?' I-I don't have any parents here. Not any more," Maggie spoke.

"Well sure you do. She's right outside the door," the doctor said, pointing towards the opening that lead into the hallway. In walks in a middle aged, blonde woman with blue eyes and a smirk on her face.

"Hello, sweetie."

❁❁❁
____
A/N- Sorry this chapter is short, and that things are occurring out of order from the original storyline. Anyways, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 1K READS!I CANT BELIEVE IT ITS ONLY BEEN A FEW WEEKS! I LOVE YOU ALL AND HOPE YOU HAVE A DAY AS WONDERFUL AS YOU!