I stammered on my words, “I-I just saying, y-you never know what’s going to happen, especially if you fall for one of your close friends, it could ruin the friendship you two have with each other.”

“Well, my friendship with Lillian won’t be ruined, it’ll just be upgraded.” He grinned, walking towards the parking lot, “Anyways, I better get going if I don’t want to miss visiting hours at the hospital, I’ll catch you later!”

I waved goodbye, and went to go wait by Jayce’s car, when I saw that the owner was already leaning against it.

Oh, and since Cameron still wasn’t speaking to me, I’ve been getting rides from Jayce, to and from school.

I ran over to him, and smiled widely, “Hey, usually I’m the one waiting for you.”

He grinned down at me, “I’m all about change Alex, I thought you would’ve noticed that by now.”

“Anyways,” he said while opening the passenger door for me, “I’ve been wanting to ask you something.”

Before I even had the chance to question what it was, he closed the door shut, getting into the other side. Once he finally sat himself down on the drivers seat, he opened his mouth once again, “So, want to go straight home, or do you want to head into town and grab a bite or something? I still have to pick up Jacob though, but I mean if you want to go home, I understand, maybe –“

Glancing over at me, he noticed my raised eyebrows and annoyed expression, “What?”

“You said you’ve been wanting to ask me something, so aren’t you going to ask?” I said, as if it weren’t already obvious.

His laughed filled up the atmosphere of the car, “Well now you seem so annoyed by the topic, maybe I shouldn’t ask you then.”

I playfully gasped, and jokingly smacked his stomach, which caused him to wince, cringing in real pain.

My face showed concern, “Did I really hit you that hard? I’m sorry.”

He quickly shook his head, clutching onto his torso area, “Nah, it’s okay. I’m just a little sore from practice, no big deal.”

I furrowed my eyebrows at him and decided to test something. With no warning, I pressed my hand against his stomach, causing him to yelp, “Ow! Alex!”

I rolled my eyes and scoffed, “Sore my ass. Now lift up your shirt.”

“What?” He asked puzzled.

“Lift up your shirt!”

“Why?”

I sighed, “If you’re so sore, than you’d have no problem to lift up your shirt, and show me your bare stomach, now let me see, and lift!”

“I will not lift up my shirt Alex, no matter how horny you are, I’m not going to show you my stomach and that’s that!”

I glared at him, and said once more, “Lift. Up. Your. Shirt. Now.”

I stared at him deathly for a few more seconds, before he sighed and gave in, muttering something to himself I suppose, “Why do I always attract the weird ones?”

“I heard that,” I said.

He rolled his eyes, “You were meant to.”

Then he lifted up the fabric of his shirt revealing a black, blue, and almost purple fresh looking bruise, that was marked almost all over his stomach area.

My eyes widened, as I traced over them, feeling him cringe every so often, “How did this happen?”

“Uh, football season is pretty intense Alex, you should know, I’m pretty sure you’ve patched up Cameron before whenever he’s been injured,” He replied, pulling his shirt back down. He sounded so not sure of himself.