Chapter- 39 The talk

Start from the beginning

It was my turn...

Time to even the score...

I motioned him to enter first. He shivered and I smiled at his discomfort.

I am sooo going to enjoy our talk.

After locking the door I turned and stood a few feet away from him.

'Make yourself comfortable Xavier... It will take a lot of time. I have so much to talk to you.'

He sat but was shifting uncomfortably in the chair.

'Have some mercy on him, Kira... He isn't a bad guy.'

Sira was also amused to see our rough n tough... the head of warriors... quaking with nervousness.

Taking pity on him I asked.

'Tell me what you found out about our human rogue?'

He relaxed thinking that it was the only thing I wanted to talk about.

How wrong he was...

I only asked this to make him feel at ease and also to gather whatever information he got.

Later I will grill him...

'His name is Titus Smith. Son of Late Lily and Roman Smith. He also had a twin - Darius, who was a werewolf and entitled to be the next Alpha of their pack- 'Sequoia'.

Six months ago his pack was attacked by rogues and almost every member was killed. His parents along with his brother died in that attack.

They had asked for help from a few neighboring packs... but none arrived. To this day he thinks that if help had arrived then his pack would have been saved. And I too think that is true.

A month before the Red Moon day he came to know about the gathering.... and planned to attack.

He wanted to kill the entire Alpha that didn't come to help his pack. He is not wrong in avenging what happened to him but his target is wrong.'

I quirked my brow... silently telling him to continue.

'He was wronged.

After talking with some more people I found out that on the very same day of the attack when messengers were sent to bring help they never made it to their destined packs.

Someone saw that just outside the territory all of them were killed.

Upon further investigation, I came to know about Zen's involvement in this. So I reached his territory to find out if it was indeed true or just speculation.

He was involved in that attack and many more.

He was also planning to kidnap you during that fight and pretend to save you from his goons so that you can forgive him.

I also came to know that Samira is not a traitor. And somebody was able to escape his prison... so I went to search for him before they do and that is how I found Dominic... lying in a pool of his blood.'

'That is enough. First thing in the morning we will talk to him... He needs to know the whole truth. And we need to know his side of the story.'

'Okay.'

'Now that is settled... do tell me what your intentions toward my brother are?'

I asked very lightly but his response was too pleasant to watch.

His cheeks turned pink and that blush further spread down to his neck... His ears turned pink too.

'I... well... He....'

Now that is once in a blue-moon kind of reaction.

Xavier- a stuttering mess.

I stifled my laugh and told him to tell me clearly.

Clearing his throat he began again.

'I like him... He is good to me.'

I waited for more... but nothing came out of his mouth.

Sighing I tried another approach.

'Why did you never tell me that you like guys?'

I waited for his reply but it looks like I wasn't getting any so I opened my mouth to ask in another way but he finally spoke.

'I wasn't aware of it myself... I knew that I felt nothing toward girls... I tried once... but it didn't work.... so we broke up before going any further... I never tried to be with a man... never felt attracted enough to pursue one... so I didn't... but i think that somewhere deep inside my heart I knew that my mate would be a guy. And recently I made peace with that. Then I met Dominic and it just felt right.'

'What do you mean by making peace with It.?' I narrowed my eyes and asked sharply.

'It never bothered me that I didn't like girls... but I was somewhat afraid that I will never feel loved in a relationship with a guy.' He was hesitant to speak but his voice was firm.

'Feeling vulnerable in any relationship is okay. When we start something so new or out of what people think of as normal... we are bound to feel insecure. But it doesn't mean that what we feel is wrong. Working the problems with our partner and having a loving family to support...is everything that one needs... it can work miracles and conquer unimaginably.'

I told him what I knew was the truth... and he needed to know that what others say or think is not important. What he believes is the only thing that matters.

'I now know that I was wrong... a few months ago I met my childhood friend... He too was gay and has already found his mate... We talked and he answered my questions... I saw how much happy they were... so in love that it erased my every doubt.'

I knew that he really meant it... coz I can see it in his eyes. He came over this hurdle on his own.

I am so proud of him for that and much more.

'We never need a specific gender... age... or race to love anyone... what we need is someone... who we can relate to... with whom we can just be ourselves....who understands us more than we ourselves... who makes us feel...who takes us in their arms and we forget all of our worries... who will take away the pain and fill us with so much love that every fiber of our being feel reborn...'

It was silent for some while... I know he was absorbing all this... It will take time but everything will be all right.

'So I get your approval, right?'

He tried sounding confident but failed miserably.

I wanted to make him squirm a little bit so I didn't reply instantly.

'Don't prolong... put the guy out of misery already...'

Fine.

'Yes, you got my approval, but break his heart... you won't know what the next second of your life will be... except pain.'

With a shaky laugh, he jumped out of his chair and hugged me.

'Thank you... It means so much to me... to us.'

'You are welcome... but tell me one thing... do you want to make him sweat a little before breaking the good news.'

'What do you mean?'

'There is a reason why I wanted to talk in my office. It is soundproof.'

He finally understood what I was trying to say.

'You mean....'

'Oh definitely...'

'I am in.'

'Here is what you will do when you step out of the room.'

Time to tip the scale on my side.