Watching and an Option?

Start from the beginning

As that goes on, Katie feels something tugging at her jeans. She looks down to find a young child about 5 or 6 years old looking up at her with a smile. She jumps back in surprise taking a clutching grip on her partner's jacket. "Oh, my!" Katie was astonished by the child's eyes?

The child giggles, "Sorry I scared you, missy!" He spins around once and introduces himself. "I'm Tomi."

"Uh, it's fine little one..." She says a bit awkwardly. Her partner inspecting the young boy as well.

Tomi is wearing a yellow shirt sleeve t-shirt with dark purple colored pants. On the left cuff sleeve is a little sewn in white tag.

The tag reading: If found, return to Blue or Red.

At the end of the tag that has the Red Army symbol and two sets of arrows(?) crossed together.

She shakes her head and introduces herself. "I'm Katie, this big guy over here is my friend Owen." She loosens her grip on Owen's jacket sleeve slightly seeing the child isn't a threat at all.

"It's nice to meet you two!" Tomi says brightly before running off to greet other people around the room.

"What a strange child..." Owen comments as he continues watching Tomi move about the room like Katie.

Katie nods in agreement, "I wonder what a child like him is doing here?"

"There he is!" A Red soldier shouts catching many people's attention. Red soldiers were now scrambling from the walls to catch Tomi.

"Tomi! Stop!"

"Wait, get back here!"

"Blue Leader is looking for you!"

No matter how hard they tried, they couldn't catch the child who is too fast for them. The soldiers ended up running into each other during the chase that they ended up piling on top of each other onto the floor.

Tomi laughs, "I just wanted to see what Tordy was up too~" He surprises the new recruits when he takes a big leap onto the stage. The landing being different than expected when someone caught him by the back of his shirt.

"Tomi." A warning tone used by the Red Leader makes Tomi smile like he's not in danger at all.

"Tordy!" Tomi turns around in Tord's hold to wrap his arms around the man's neck.

Everyone in the room, besides the Red soldiers and Tord, look at the child in surprise as he hugs the dangerous man. They watch as the young child nuzzles his face in the crook of the Red Leader's neck.

Tord sighs, he pulls up his radio again. "I found him Thomas, he's here with me in the assembly hall." He says into his radio.

"I'll come pick him up in a moment, I just got a new stack of paperwork from Patryk," Tom tells him on the other end of the radio. "Just keep him busy until I'm done or let him play with the new soldiers."

Tord sighs and nods even though Tom couldn't see the agreed action. "I guess you're right, they have to get used to him at some point." He turns off his radio and shifts Tomi in his arms once he puts his radio away. "Alright Tomi, looks like I'm babysitting duty while Tom's finishing his paperwork."