Just as he was about to say something towards them, a familiar female voice stopped him, “Alex?”

My head snapped towards Lillian, who was staring at me in confusion. My mouth opened, being slightly agape. Just as I was about to say something to her, someone just had to interrupt me.

“Alex?” Quinn said in disbelief, mostly towards Jayce, who had an innocent look on his face.

That’s when I felt a tug on my hood, and someone remove my (Jayce’s), sunglasses.

I tried grabbing them from Jayce’s hands, but he simply put them behind his back, trying to make it difficult for me to retrieve them.

“Yes, this girl is indeed Alex, and before people start hounding me with questions, yes, we are together,” He announced to his friends, and practically the whole school.

I could practically hear the whole student body gasp. Times like this, I’m certainly glad that Cameron isn’t here to save me from this situation.

I faced Jayce, who had quite the happy expression on his face, “Why did you do that?”

“They would’ve found out anyway Alex. And just because we’re going out now, doesn’t mean that I won’t stop messing with you, it’s actually pretty funny because you start getting all red in the face, you clench your fist, and,” His smile faded upon seeing my angry expression, “And as of right now, it looks like you’re about to slap me.”

“Thanks for the idea,” I responded through gritted teeth, trying to ignore all the dirty looks and nasty gossip that was already going around about me. But before I had the chance to do anything to Jayce, I was being tugged inside the school, by the one and only Lillian Hathaway.

As I was whisked away through the almost vacant hallways of Hartwell, I couldn’t help but notice that Lillian’s red hair matched her emotion right now. Finally reaching the girl’s bathroom, she brought the both of us inside, and demanded answers, “You and Jayce?”

“Hey, you finally call him by his first name,” I pointed out, trying to lighten the mood.

This only made her give me a discourteous look, “Alexandria Elizabeth, explain this to me right now.”

Letting out a sigh of defeat, and I leaned against the wall, crossing my arms over my chest, “What’s there to say? We’re just going out, this is just a newly blossoming relationship between us. Nothing more – yet.”

The pissed expression on her face instantly faded, exchanging it with an ecstatic one, “I’m so happy for you!”

I was quickly overpowered with one of her tight embraces, making it kind of hard to hug her back.

“You were just mad a second ago,” I said, finally getting out of her hold.

She adjusted the strap of her bag on her shoulder, “That was only because I wasn’t the first to know. As your best friend, I should be able to know these things, since this is your first boyfriend, since –“

I clamped my hand over her mouth, preventing her from saying the one name that I couldn’t stand hearing. I assured her that we would never speak of that nasty pervert again.

“Sorry, I know how upset you get whenever I mention his name. He’s such an ass, but good thing you have Jayce now, right?”

I briefly nodded, hearing the bell for class ring, “C’mon we better get going or we’ll be late.”