Chapter 14 - Legal Custody

RAMYA

"just have a seat here, while i get in touch with your guardian." the police officer told me, as he pointed to a seat in his office.

I just sat down and didn't say anything.

The officer then left the office, closing the door behind him.

I was scared and didn't know what to expect.

My brother was obviously going to jail and I couldn't do anything about it.

He was the only person I had at this point other than my mom, and I'm not even sure if she's alive right now.

I just wish he was never doing the stuff he does. I always knew it would never end right. now he was going away for a long time.

I put my head in my hands and silently cried to myself.
Why couldn't I have a normal happy life like old times? none of this would be happening if my real father never moved away.

---

The office door swung open after a long 35 minutes of waiting.

I lifted my head up seeing the same officer walk in.

"Well I tried to get in touch with your mother, but she's in the hospital. were you aware of that?"

I nodded. "yea. but is she ok?"

"I'm not sure." he said sitting down at his desk.

I sighed.

"But I did get in touch with a mike?"

My body quickly tensed up at the name.

"He's your father right?"

I quickly shook my head. "No, he's my stupid step father."

"Well he said he's on his way to come and get you. everything should be ok."

"No! please! I can't leave with him sir!" I pleaded, standing up from the chair I was sitting in. "please!"

"He has legal custody of you. he has the right to leave with you." The office informed me.

"But you don't understand-"

"Look little girl, he has custody of you which means he's your legal guardian. i don't know what problems you have with him, but that's non of my business. I've known plenty of kids that dislike their step parents, its nothing new."

"I don't dislike him, I fucking hate him! he doesn't-

"Whoa! language young lady!"

I groaned loudly. "could you please just listen to me!"

The officer's mouth opened, but the door opened before he could say anything.

"Ramya?"

I looked the door seeing a police standing there with a man. a man I hated with all of my guts and feared with all of my soul. The man I never wanted to see again.the man that basically ruined my whole entire life.

Mike.

My heart beat began to speed up.

Mike was looking directly at me, smirking.

"Your father is here for you." the police said.

I didn't move.

"Young lady. it's time for you to go home." the officer that came in said.

"Come on loving daughter" mike smiled.

One of the officers came and helped me out of my chair, walking me towards mike.

Mike grabbed my wrist and smiled down at me. "lets go."

He started to pull me out of the office and towards the main lobby.

"No! I'm not leaving with you!" I said trying to pull away from him.

Mike squeezed my wrist tight and leaned down, whispering. "if you show out in front of these officers or sat anything, I'm going to fucking cut your throat open."

My body shivered from his words and he leaned back up, smiling at the officers.

"That you sir for calling me. I was worried about her. I knew her knuckle head brother was up to no good. and she doesn't need to be around his bad influences." mike said trying to sound sincere.

I wanted to to cry so badly.

"Your welcome." the officers said.

Mike then walked out of the door, pulling me out with him.

Once we were out of the building his smile quickly faded.

"Just wait until we get home." He smirked "Your all mines."

We walked to the parking lot and I spotted my moms car.

"Why do you have my mom's car?"i asked frowning at him.

"Because everything she owns is Mines now." he smiled unlocking the car.

"No it isn't. she worked for her own stuff! unlike you!" I spat.

"How is she going to use her stuff if she's dead honey?" he opened The passenger side door and pushed me in, slamming it.

Dead? what is he talking about.

He got in the drivers side and cranked the car up.

"What are you talking about?" I asked getting worried.

"Yeah. that bitch died. the officers didn't tell you? she died in the hospital like an hour ago."

I gasped, feeling tears began to swell in my eyes.

She's dead? oh my gosh.....

No..... She can't be dead.

"No!! Nooooooo!!!!" i cried "my mommy!! this is all your fault !!!" I screamed hitting him in the arm. "I hate you! you ruined everything!" tears started to run down my face.

And before I knew it, he grabbed my head and slammed it against the window.

"Fuck wrong with you LIL girl?! fucking touching me like you don't know who I am! I'll fucking kill you!" he yelled.

I held the side of my head feeling dizzy.

I can't believe this right now...

He pulled out of the parking lot, driving back towards our house.

I just wish I was 10 again. before all of this stuff happened.

Before my father and my mom divorced and my dad moved away.

Before mike came onto the picture...