#27) History By Children's Books.

There were no phones in our room nor computers in order to keep us from leaving. Therefore we could not search further on "Makai."
"I believe I've heard of the Makai before, now that I think about it," I said.
"Really? Tell me!" She was anxious to know. Aria didn't know anything about the Makai and not much about herself.
"Do you know anything about your family history?"
"Well, not really. My father never touched on the topic after my mom died." She sat down. It was going to be a long talk.
"I see. What about your family's history on sprite magic? Do you know anything about that?"
"I told you, nothing."
"Alright well I guess that's out. What I think is that of course you are a Makai, but I don't know how you got to be a Makai unless you know your history. At least tell me what color hair your mother had."
"Why? That seems so pointless?"
"Just tell me. It will help."
"Purple. Like mine but darker."
"Natural?"
"Yes."
"Did your mother have sprite magic?"
"I told you, I don't know. She died when I was young and left me with a household full of boys. I was the youngest. It was a nightmare."
"For hypothetical reasons let's say she did. If so, then you were probably picked to gain Sprite Magic because you are a Makai. Your mother must have been a Makai therefore you retained her power and were granted Sprite Magic! Yes!"
"So... what's a Makai?"
"I forgot about that part. From the stories I was told that I vaguely remember, Makai are a race. Mythical one at that but we just proved that theory correct. They possess physical strength and are usually skilled in Sprite Magic, from the stories. I remember them having purple or blue hair."
"Blue?"
"Yes bl-," It never phased me. I'm skilled in Sprite Magic but that's only because I trained so much.

   Aria still had bruises in a few places after being shot by lightning and thunder

   I had a couple bruises as well

I had a couple bruises as well. Except Aria kind of took most of the hit seeming as it was directly aimed at her for crushing my hand. The blast was harsh but I wasn't effected by it as much as her. My right arm was in the blast zone more than anything.
"A-Are we both Makai then?"
"I mean.. not everyone with blue hair is a Makai. Nor purple. You for sure are."
"I mean you qualify."
"Not necessarily. My mother did not possess Sprite Magic. There is one more thing the stories I read said about Makai though. It would probably correlate with Yukio calling you filthy."
"What is it?"
"Back in the older days, before equal rights were established, Makai were enslaved. They were looked down upon even though they were stronger."
"Why were they inferior?"
"Don't change my words. They were really superior. They were enslaved because of that. Since they were stronger, their strength had to be contained, according to most people back then."
"But why not just all be equal and not enslave people?"
"It was people's thoughts like your that got equal rights. Mostly that is. Some Makai are still enslaved. I wouldn't be surprised if Yukio captured you for bait because of your Makai form."
"How come all of this was in a children's book?"
"Well after I read those books about Makai I searched into further detail. That's how I know this. I guess Makai aren't that populated anymore so I had trouble remembering."