I came up with this one myself... - EnnoTana

[1st person Ennoshita]

"Hey Ennoshita!" Nishinoya shouted at me as he and Tanaka popped into my classroom at lunch.

"Hey guys, did you want something?" I asked them.

"Tanaka wanted to run some pick-up lines by you to see if they're any good," Noya explained.

"Um... why me, why can't he just ask you, Noya?" I asked.

"Because I'm too dumb to know if they'd actually work," Noya said bluntly, and I had no idea where he was going with this. "You're smart so you'll know."

"Um, okay then." At least I hoped it would be okay. I had secretly been crushing on Tanaka since last year, but I hadn't told anyone, and it would suck if his pick-up lines made me flustered because that would be a dead give away. "Go right ahead Tanaka." Nishinoya sat on the desk next to mine and watched with a concerning amount of excitement as Tanaka leaned on the desk I was sitting at and began.

"Ok, how about this one?" Tanaka started, "is your dad a drug dealer? 'Cause you're dope."

I snorted. "God no!"

"What about this one?" He put his elbow down on my desk so he was much closer to me and said, "That's a nice outfit, can I talk you out of it."

"That one'll get you a black-eye," I laughed.

"Maybe... you know sweetie, my lips won't just kiss themselves." He gave me a winning smile and I laughed harder.

"Not that one either," I told him.

"Fine, how about, your lips look lonely... would they like to meet mine?" He moved ever so slightly closer to me.

I could feel myself already starting to blush, but I attempted to cover it with a laugh. "That's just a slightly less stupid version of the last one."

"So better?" I laughed more genuinely at how he instantly perked up at that. "Will you hold my hand so I can tell my friends I've been touched by an angel?"

"I though you wanted girls to like you," I joked to cover how flustered I was quickly growing, "not pity you for your mental disorder." He frowned slightly. "Sorry, that was a bit of a harsh comment."

"Nah, it's alright, I just thought I was getting warmer." He smiled, but it looked forced, and it kinda made me feel bad, "Are you a magician? Because when I look at you everyone else disappears."

"That one's not too bad." I took a deep breath, I really wasn't sure I was gonna make it through this. I had to keep reminding myself mentally that he wasn't really talking to me, he was testing these to go pick up girls. "But I mean it's not good either."

"Ha ha," he said, but his smile was real now, which was good. "Oh, I see... you must be the reason men fall in love."

"They're definitely getting better," I admitted, swallowing down the lump that was forming in my throat. I didn't know how much longer I could listen to him rattle off the things he tells random girls. "I mean not, you-won't-get-smacked-on-the-spot better, but better."

"Were you a Boy Scout, because you've got my heart tied up in knots," he said next.

"Wouldn't it be Girl Scout?" I asked, this time he ignored my response.

"Most guys need three meals a day to keep going... I just need eye contact from you." His words seemed to carry more meaning, like they weren't just practiced lines anymore.

"That seems like one for someone you already know," I pointed out, but he ignored me again.

He swallowed like he was getting nervous, maybe building up to his stupidest pick-up line yet. "If I had to choose between breathing or loving you, I'd say 'I love you' with my last breath."

"Tanaka—" I didn't even get to finish my sentence because he cut me off.

"I came up with this one myself..." he started, then took a deep breath, apparently steeling his nerves. "Hey Chikara..." wait, what? "will you go out with me?" I was stunned. I stared at him, and he looked like he was holding his breath.

"Uh..." my brain wasn't supplying me with words. "I... wa... I mean... yuh... you... ye—yes." I finally managed. "Absolutely yes."

Tanaka and Noya both cheered and jumped excitedly. Any of my classmates who had stayed in for lunch turned to look at the two idiots, a few had already been watching the exchange with interest and cheered right along with them, though, not quite as enthusiastically. I blushed, embarrassed, but I was honestly really happy.

Tanaka pulled me out of my seat and gave me a tight hug just as the bell rang. "Noya and I have to go to class now, but I'll see you at practice okay." I nodded, and we smiled at each other. Then he left, and I was smiling by myself.

"What are you so happy about?" asked Fuyōna Onanokou, the girl who sat next to me, when she came in a couple minutes later.

"My crush asked me out," I said simply.

"She's a lucky girl if you were crushing on her," she remarked, and I blushed.

"Well, actually—" I was interrupted by Tanaka running into the room, and right up to my desk.

"Ennoshita, I forgot one!" he said, rather loudly. "Life without you would be like a broken pencil... pointless." I laughed hard, and he grinned at me with his dumb grin.

"That's terrible," I told him, still laughing.

"Sorry," he said, still grinning like an idiot. "Gotta go, see ya later!" And he waved goodbye and left just as quickly as he'd come, which was probably a good thing since the final bell rang a few moments after.

I heard Fuyōna mumble, "I see" and nodded, trying to calm down from my laughing fit as the teacher approached the whiteboard.

[985 words

I just thought this was a cute idea, and it worked really well for this ship, so voila. Cute EnnoTana for the soul. Love y'all.
Happy Pi Day everyone!

<3 Raaor!]