I love you - TsukkiYama

[Based on this ^^]

There he was. Yamaguchi Tadashi. God he was beautiful. Tsukkishima Kei looked at his boyfriend, curled up on the couch next to him as they watched The Lost World. He remembered when they first started dating, when Yamaguchi had confessed.

••–• •–•• •– ••• •••• –••• •– •–•– –•–

"T—Tsukki!" they were in their last year of elementary school. They were best friends, and that was fine. But Tsukkishima had been developing a feeling for the shorter boy that he didn't really know how to deal with. It was love. He knew it was love, but he didn't know how to express it. He never was very good at emotions.

He wished he could just say it outright, but that couldn't happen. They were both boys. Who would accept it? Certainly not Yamaguchi. He wasn't even sure if he really accepted it himself yet. They were best friends. He decided that would be enough. As long as Yamaguchi was happy, as long as Kei could be close to the one he held dear, even if they didn't know it. That would be enough.

"What is it Yamaguchi?" He responded after a moment. Yamaguchi was silent. Tsukkishima stopped and looked at his friend, a little concerned, not that it showed. "Is something wrong?"

"Tsu—Tsukki" Yamaguchi stammered again.

"Yes?" Yamaguchi looked down at his feet, then around at the empty street. There was a little bit of snow on the ground, but not a human being in sight. His gaze returned to his feet. "Yamaguchi?" Still, the freckled boy said nothing. "Tadashi?" Tsukkishima's voice was lower this time, more gentle, and Yams looked up in surprise at the tone, as well as being called by his first name.

"I—" Yamaguchi tried again, a tear fell down his cheek, and Tsukkishima started to panic internally. What was wrong? Why was he crying? Before he could do anything, Tadashi threw himself at the tall blond boy and held him in a tight hug. "I really like you Tsukki! As more than a friend! And I want to—" he cut himself off, tears flowed freely now. He didn't want to freak Tsukki out; he was losing his nerve, but there was really no going back now. His next words came out as more of a whimper. "I—I want to go on a date with you... if that's okay."

Tsukkishima was too stunned to move. His best friend, whom he had been falling for, for who knows how long, had just confessed to him. Yamaguchi let go, and stepped away from him. He was afraid that the lack of a response meant that Tsukki was disgusted by him. He probably never wanted anything to do with him ever again. He was repulsive, and it would be better if he'd never existed at all.

Yamaguchi turned and started to run home, slipping slightly on the snow. Tsukkishima recovered his senses just quickly enough to run after him. He caught Yamaguchi's wrist and pulled him around. Before he could think about what he was doing, his lips were pressed against his friend's. He could feel Yamaguchi's tears, taste the salt of them in the kiss, and when he pulled away, he brushed them off with a gloved hand.

"I feel the same." He said, he tried to keep from smiling like a complete idiot because he was so happy. "I'd love to go on a date with you."

Yamaguchi's tears turned to joyful ones as he once again threw his arms around his best friend. "Tsukkiiiii! Will you be my boyfriend?"

"Of course I will, baka," Tsukkishima pretended to be annoyed, but really he was ecstatic, "didn't I just say I wanted to date you?"

And so, right there and right then, in the empty snow-coated street one afternoon in their last year of elementary school, Tsukkishima's best friend became his boyfriend.

•––• •–• • ••• • –• –

And now the two were first years in high school, and had been dating for about four years. Tsukkishima's parents had gone on a trip for their anniversary, for the whole week, and his brother was off at college.

That week was over in three days. It was the weekend, and Kei had invited his boyfriend to stay over at his house until Monday. So it was Tsukki. And it was Yams. All alone. What would they do? I wonder.

They made a large amount of popcorn and curled up next to each other on the couch for a Jurassic Park marathon. Both of them had seen the movies multiple times, but it was fun anyway.

Yamaguchi was leaning on Tsukki. Their bodies fit together perfectly, like they were made for each other. Tsukki had his arm wrapped around his boyfriend's shoulder, and Yamaguchi's legs were resting across his boyfriend's lap.

At first, Tsukkishima had payed attention to the movie, but Yamaguchi was too damn distracting. His soft hair tickled Tsukki's cheek, and his warm skin made the tall boy practically melt. The blond watched the light from the screen and the full moon out the window reflect and twinkle in Yamaguchi's entrancing green eyes. He tried to count his freckles but they were too numerous, they spread across his face, and arms like stars, and so he looked for patterns. After a while, though, his gaze wandered to Tadashi's lips.

Yamaguchi noticed his lover staring at him, but merely smiled and said nothing. Then Tsukki moved his head to capture Yamaguchi's lips in a kiss. He kissed back, long and passionate. When they separated, he was smiling, and blushing softly.

"I love you Yamaguchi." Tsukki said, staring incredulously at his adorable boyfriend. How had he managed to be lucky enough to get this guy to date him? Yamaguchi laughed, and Tsukki buried his face in the crook of his neck.

"I love you too Tsukki." He kissed the blond's head softly, still chuckling a bit.

[978 words

I've had this in my back pocket since I started this book. Love y'all.

<3 Raaor!]