Chapter 11

Song for chapter-Break down the walls(Austin&Ally the very 1st episode)

"Aren't you going to tell me where we're going?"

"For the 100th time,Laura,no," Ross replied,letting out a frustrated sigh."You'll know when we get there."

"Ugh,I hate surprises," I said.I could only be quiet for a few seconds before I pressed,"Is it a good or bad one?"

"Why would it be-" Ross cut himself short,then said,"All I can say is,it's an experience you'll never forget."

I pouted,deciding to just give up.I switched on the radio.

Now if we're talking body
You got a perfect one, so put it on me
Swear it won't take you long

I turned it up."This is my jam!"I began to belt out the lyrics and make exaggerated actions."If you love me right we fuck for life, on and on and on."

Ross burst into laughter and I poked him repeatedly in the arm."Ross,sing with me."

"Get off you crazy girl,I'm driving," Ross said in amusement.

I stopped poking him."The next song that comes on,you have to sing with me.Deal?"

"Whatever."

The next song that came on was 'Man on a wire' by The Script.I didn't know it that well but Ross seemed to.

"'Cause I'm a man on a wire,on a wire.I'm a man on a wire,on a wire," he sang,drumming his fingers on the steering wheel.It was nice seeing him like this,not the quarterback player but the laid back musician.I think I-"Why are you looking at me like that?"

My heart skipped a beat when I realised I had been caught.I try to laugh off the fact that I was creepily staring at him,but it comes out awkward and guilty-sounding.

"You seem to know the song so well.I was just..uh surprised," I said.

Ross laughed."Funny story.Ryland was actually the one who made me a fun of The Script."

I laughed as well."Really?"

"That little devil just wouldn't leave me alone until I listened to at least one song.After I did,let's say I fell deep," Ross explained.

I laughed again."I'm sure you did,and I'm definitely sure you don't regret it at all."

"Not at all."

I smiled at that.

***
"The amusement park?Well,this definitely is a surprise!" I exclaimed,looking excitedly at my surroundings.It had just been opened right out of town and I was glad we came.

"So it's a good one then?" Ross asked.

"The best! Skipping school and going to the amusement park?Ross you're a genius!We'll be done with the list in no time!" I squealed.

"Calm down before you float away.Jeez,Marano,I didn't know you were in such a hurry to get rid of me," Ross replied.My mood immediately dampened,but I couldn't figure out why.For some reason,I couldn't bring myself to think about the day we would complete the bucket list.How would our goodbye be like?"You okay?"

"Huh?Oh of course!Let's start with bumper cars."

Ross looked like he wanted to press,but fortunately,he didn't.The initially friendly bumper cars turned into a battle as Ross and I made sure to hit each other repeatedly while trying to avoid being hit.