New Year's Day

Damian sighed heavily (it feels like I start every oneshot this way) and watched as Dick and Jamie cuddled close together by the tv, Bruce and Sabrina stood near each other with champagne, and Tim skyped Connor in the corner.

No one knew where Jason was, probably boning Valentine into the new year, but whatever.

Damian was lonely. He saw all the couples around him waiting for the countdown and he wanted to be part of it too.

He bit his lip and walked onto his balcony, a faraway look in his eyes.

The television blared in the background and Damian counted down.

"5... 4... 3..." Damian drawled boredly.

Suddenly a red cape swooshed past him before swinging back around, it was Jon.

Damian was about to speak but Jon grabbed his face and pushed their lips together, "...1!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!" Everyone inside cheered.

The smaller male blushed but slowly kissed back, his eyes closing as they held each other.

After a few moments, Jon pulled away, "Happy new year..." He smiled.

Damian spluttered a bit before huffing, "You were supposed to be in South Africa on a mission." He reminded him.

Jon laughed, "Yeah, I know. But you're way more important." He pointed out, causing the other to flush red.

Damian bit his lip and hugged Jon to his lithe body, "I love you..." He whispered into the other boy's ear.

Jonathan smiled warmly and held him tighter, "I love you too, Dami..."