▪2▪ The Letter

"A festival?" I questioned her.

"Yea and you can go this year." She said cheerfully.

"Also what did you mean by royalty left?" I questioned my sister rasing an eye brow.

"Ugh ill let mom explain everything." She groaned in annoyence.

Nicole grabbed my wrist and we began walking back into the forest. As we walked through the forest we finally made it back to the town. We walked across the road and went up to our house. Our house was small but big enough for us all. It was made of brick and had a nice garden on the outside. We walked up to the door and I opened it up.

"Mom?" I yelled in question.

"What is it?" She replied.

We walked in closing the door behind us. We walked into the living room to see our mom sitting on the couch.

"Tell Jess the story of the Dark Kingdom." Nicole pleaded.

Mother rolled her eyes and patted a seat on the couch. I sat down beside her and she got up. She walked up to her book shelf and took off a book. She sat down and blew the dust off the book. She turned a few pages and eventually stop at one.

"A long time ago there was once a great Kingdom called Falcon Claw. The King, King Aaron ruled the land with an iron fist. Before King Aarons disapperence he was going to marry a Mefi'wa named Michi. But she disappeared along with him. He was also rumored to have a lover but we don't know for sure. There was rumors this girl had long raven hair with amber eyes." She spoke.

That like me. I have raven hair and anber eyes.

"Anyways, After they disappeared King Aaron was found again and hes alive. His fiancè was dead they found the body. But the body of the lover was never found. Whether she is real or not only he knows. Since we will be all going to the festival I want you to dye your hair Jess. I don't want him to think you are his lover espically since he has been gone so long." She countiuned.

I nodded my head and smiled.

"You know the festival is tonight that means we will dye your hair now, come with me." She got up off the couch and put the book to the side.

She walked over to the washroom and I stood up to follow her. I watched as she took out a dye from her cabinets. I sat down on the sink and she began washing my hair. I watched as she put some of the dye on her hands and began put it in my hair. Eventually she washed my hair again and began drying it.

▪~~~~~♤~~~~~▪

After about half an hour of blow drying my hair it was finally finished. She put her hands over my eyes and turned me to the mirror. She took her hands away and I looked at my hair in shock. It was now brunette. I was shocked. I surprisingly looked pretty good with it.

"Thank you!" I said with excitement.

She smiled at me and I left the bathroom to find Nicole. When I entered the living room I stopped. I walked up to the book and looked at it. I began flipping a few pages. I flipped one last page and a small letter fell out in a bag. I picked up the letter and began reading it.

Dear Aphmau,

If you are reading this your father is dead now. Aaron must have killed him as expected. The truth is those people you know to be your parents are your adopted parents. Your real parents died when you were two. The only reason Zack ever agreed to letting Slyvanna keep you was because your father owned the kingdom. That meant Zack would be the new ruler since all your other relatives were dead. I will disappear after this letter if you ever want to find me listen to your heart and go where you think ill be. Ill aways watch over you.