Harley Davidson

- CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR -

I didn't want to say no, no matter how much I knew that I shouldn't have done it. Instead I nodded slowly looking deep into his eyes, waiting for him to laugh at me and leave. Instead he stared at me expectantly.

"Change into dark clothes."

I slipped from the bed, standing on the other side of the bed to him. I became painfully aware of my small night dress that sat high on my thighs and low from my shoulders, showing a lot of cleavage. All I wanted to do in that moment was to crawl back in and under my safe comforting sheets. Instead, I enduring his calculating gaze as it traced its way up my body starting from my knees and lingering on my chest before meeting my eyes. He even had the cheek to quirk one of his eyebrows – the right one. I shuffled quickly over to my wardrobe, pulling open the door I started pawing through the clothes on the rack. I couldn't seem to find anything and I turned back towards Elijah who had moved closer to me.

"Are we going to do something bad?" the words tumbled from my mouth before I even thought to hold back. The whisper was almost self-explanatory; why else would he only want for me to dress in dark clothing?

He didn't speak, only chuckled at my question. His hand reached my side, fitting into the curve as he stood closely behind me. My breath shortened as I flinched from his touch. Elijah pushed me lightly away until he had a full view of my limited clothing choices. He shuffled through pulling a pair of black jeans and my favourite hoodie that was a midnight blue colour. How did I manage to miss them? It was probably him being so near, it was distracting and my mind almost dissolves to mush.

He shoved them at me. "Are you going to leave so I can change?"

"Don't want to strip in front of me? You wouldn't be the first?" He sounded like his brother.

I quickly stripped and changed, hopping around as I shoved my jeans on. I didn't understand this new way that Elijah was interacting with me. He purposely grabbed at my waist, something he had never done before or looked even slightly inclined to do. He was always composed and stoic. Then there was the random flirty talk that just occurred. My head was almost spinning as I shoved my boots back on, they seemed to be the only footwear I've worn for the entire stay. I didn't want to go with him but at the same time I was interested at his version of an adventure.

The door clicked open again, Elijah stepping into the small gap.

My eyebrows drew together, "What if I had been changing?"

"But you weren't." He said with a tilted head, not giving any expression but a mild annoyed look. I'd already annoyed him minutes into our 'adventure.'

He grabbed around my wrist pulling me through the door and lightly weaved me through the house until we were on the front porch. His big hands were wrapped right around my writs, his thumb touching all his fingers and reminding me of my thin frame. Yet his touch left shooting tingles all the way up my arm. Elijah was off with a lurch and I stumble to catch up. We reached a motorcycle, an old Harley. I didn't know all too much but it was old at least an early '60's model. Elijah cared for it though, all its parts looking clean and fresh, the chrome sparkly under the moonlight. I realised that it was parked so far from the house because it would easily wake everyone if it was started by the garage.

He turned towards me with a helmet in my hands. His right hand reached for my face, tucking the loose hair around my face behind my ears. Then without any participation from me he slipped the helmet onto my head even fastening the strap under my chin and pulling it tight. I couldn't react, him being so close somehow had a small effect on me. He tapped the helmet and it shifted slightly on my head causing a wince from Elijah. He'd ruined the romantic moment without even knowing it.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

He looked surprised at my disturbance of the heavy silence. "Nothing, we just need to get you a helmet that would actually fit your head."

He straddled the bike, pulling me on behind him.

The closeness was unusual and almost unbearable, "Where is your helmet?"

The bike roared to life before Elijah turned his head, "You're wearing it, sweetheart."

He took off immediately and my hands had a mind of their own, attaching themselves to Elijah's body. We sped quickly down the concreted roads. I lost track of time while I watched the land pass us. It was incredible. The trill was so satisfying; I couldn't smile any wider even if I wanted to. I noticed the town approaching and soon we were weaving through the streets, at easily double or even triple the speed limit. It was like a ghost town. Everything shut and only the most minimal lights were turned on. But it was enough for me to look around a bit. Elijah never stopped, passing through so many red lights. My body became accustom to the bike and I felt my self really lean into the corners with him.  I was really enjoying the ride, but eventually Elijah turned onto some gravel roads. A few turns here and there and I was left staring at the same container yard that a shit load of guns was stolen and a man lost his life. I could feel myself getting a little angsty. The big shed looked tall and intimidating. The fence sharp and menacing with curly barbed wire that threatened with small sharp pieces of steel.

The bike had been turned off and we had been sitting but not moving for at least five minutes. My thighs were tight around his, causing a constant blush. The both of us just absorbing what was happening. My eyes widened at the next words he whispered in my ear. The helmet already resting in my lap.

"Let's torch it."