Sealed Records

~ CHAPTER 16 ~

I didn't sleep all night, watching as night turned to dawn. When I walked into the dining room in the morning I was pulled outside, I didn't even have a chance to say good morning to Rosa and Mia who paid little attention to Thomas dragging me. They were ready for the talk that was promised me very early.

"Hey, I just wanted to say I'm sorry for sleeping through what happened last night." The other boys were in sight now, sitting in a circle in the grass.

"Don't apologize, nothing happened." I was cold and rude, I knew that. I just didn't want to talk about it. His eyebrows drew together in response before looking ahead. Great.

I sat down in the only spot left between Blake and Ashton. The morning air was already getting heated, much different to last night's crisp.

"Finally." Blake spoke. I rolled my eyes lightly before I ran my hands through the lush green grass. Tugging at it.

"So, we want to know what you did?" Ashton insisted. I made a move to stand.

Blake grabbed my arm, "How about, a secret for a secret? And we might let you stay."

I felt the panic rise in me, they were thinking of kicking me out?

"I'll make it easy for you." Matthew said, pulling a think yellow file. I knew instantly what it was, my record. My sealed record. "Can I show them?"

This is how Elijah knew about it. He'd read it. Read everything. If two already knew the rest might as well. My mouth grew so dry as I nodded. Thomas was first to read it. He didn't muck around, just flicking to the last page which held the most gruesome of all. He looked up at me, dead in the eyes before giving me the smallest of smiles. Although I couldn't even muster a smile back, a frown the feature of my face. He knew, but didn't care?

For some reason, the file didn't follow the circle but darted over to Ashton. Ashton bumped his shoulder with mine in reassurance, as if everything in this world was fine. He too, flicked to the back and skimmed over the charge before closing it and handing it in front of me to Blake. He was one of the most judgemental people I knew, him and Elijah had that calculating look.
Blake read every single page. The first with all my life's information like my full name – Amelia Rose Henderson – and my birthdate, place of birth, address or at least my last known address. Wouldn't be surprised If Catherine had already sold it up. Then he read all of the stupid charges I had collected over the years. The petty theft accounts ranging over three years. The arson accounts when I'd first fallen into the bad crowd. I can still envision the burning houses and the trees. I liked watching the flames but hated the tears and devastation it left. That crowd never really cared for anyone but themselves. For once I'm glad that I never have to see them ever again. Then he moved into the running away reports that were a frequent thing from the age of fourteen. Then for six months of my life, I was happy. It was a clean record. All because of a best friend named Lyla.

Blake flipped to the second last report of the file. Those particular pages held the details of the second worst time in my life, the night I murdered Michael Sullivan.

"I didn't mean too." This drew everyone's attention to me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Alright i decided to split this chapter into two and so that is why this one is so short. The next chapter will feature very disturbing themes and include themes of suicide and sexual assault. So please keep that in mind.

-A