CHAPTER TWO.

wonwoo
it was a peaceful morning in the seventeen household as the members slowly began to rise. my terrible sleeping pattern meant i was almost always the first one awake, occasionally joined by chan who has an irregular sleeping pattern too. i make coffee for all the members and remember to add the right energy powder to kick start their days.

energy powder is like a vitamin for us wizards. you add it to the first drink of your day to ensure your magic energy is replenished and up to scratch. the more powerful wizards, like seungcheol, don't usually take it but after the battle we had the other day i think this is very much needed.

gradually, they all troop in for breakfast with sleep still in their eyes and aches within their limbs. i sip my coffee slowly, pointing to the cereal and toast i made earlier.

"for you," i say hoarsely. the shouting i did yesterday really affected my throat.

"thanks wonwoo," jun says and i smile back lazily. soon, the room is filled with the crunching of cereal and the murmurs of my twelve friends. seungcheol clears his throat loudly and of course, everyone turns to him.

"i think we should all thank wonwoo for that genius idea yesterday. it really saved our butts out there," seungcheol says warmly and everyone turns to me. i get shy and hide behind my coffee mug, a deep chuckle arising.

"no problem guys, i felt kinda useless anyway."

"nonsense! you did so much for us that day i'm surprised you were still up and running till the very end!" joshua exclaims and everyone nods in agreement. i'm about to respond when the phone rings. the sound echos for a few moments until jeonghan scrambles to pick it up.

"hello, seventeen's angel speaking," he says nonchalantly and everyone rolls their eyes.

"oh-good morning master. yes, we'll be there right away." jeonghan puts the phone down solemnly but by the look on everybody's faces, we all know what's coming. there's only one person we call 'master' nowadays.

"the mage wants us in his office at twelve. he said no earlier, no later." it takes a millisecond to process jeonghan's words but then suddenly everyone's rushing about, flinging their dirty dishes into the dishwasher and streaming upstairs to be the first into the bathroom.

only hansol and i are left at the kitchen table; i finish my coffee calmly and also add it to the dishwasher. hansol seems to be manipulating the water from his glass into our logo, and i chuckle a little.

"hansol." my deep voice breaks his spell and the water splashes all over him.

"hyung," he says as he pouts and holds the sopping wet t-shirt out in front of him.

"you have time for a shower if you move now. the mage wants to see us." hansol jumps up.

"why didn't you tell me earlier?" and he's off up the stairs before i tell him that jeonghan broke the news to us three minutes ago.

i follow him, after wiping up the water and putting the dishwasher on. one of the pros of getting up early is having a lot of time to yourself, and being able to get ready without anyone hammering on the door saying you've been in too long. in fact, jihoon seems to be doing exactly that as i pass him on the way to my shared room.

"seungkwan! you look fine, please let me in! i need to get ready!" he yells into the door and seungkwan responds with a flustered "one second!" before pulling the door open, letting jihoon almost fall to the floor.

i laugh at their antics and knock on the door of mine, jun, soonyoung and jihoon's room. soonyoung calls for me to enter from the other side and i find them already dressed and waiting on their bunks. soonyoung is scrolling through his phone and jun seems to be playing with a dog.

walking over to my closet, i pull out a grey hoodie, some jeans and a random t-shirt.

"hey jun, since when did we get a dog?" i ask, pulling my t-shirt on. it's an old one of this american rock band that someone got me a couple years ago.

"it's not mine, it's leo's."
"leo?"
"the lion spirit? well, lion-boy-spirit hybrid. this little thing is called celestia." the brown maltese curls around jun's arm and i now notice the faint beige glow of junhui's magic.

"isn't it draining your power?" i put my jeans on swiftly under the covers, too impatient to wait for the bathroom.

"nah, it's fine. besides, we don't have any missions to-celestia don't eat that!"

"fair enough," i mumble, watching in curiosity as jun wrestles celestia for his hoodie. i yank my own one on and head back to my closet. rifling through my clothes, i notice my favourite item is missing.

"hey guys, where's my leather jacket?" i ask, slightly panicked. it was nothing special really, i just quite liked the leather.

"i think mingyu borrowed it," soonyoung says helpfully from his phone. mingyu? that means i have to go into the 97 liner's room.

"but mingyu, minghao and seokmin's room is like a jungle," i whine like a child, deciding whether a different jacket will have to do.

"you never know wonwoo, they might've done something to it..."

that was all it took for me to be flying down the hallway to the opposite side of the house and knocking down the 97 liners door. i hear faint guitar noises coming from the other side and reckon seokmin's playing day6 again. minghao opens the door sheepishly.

"hey hyung." i wave and raise an eyebrow expectantly. minghao gets the memo immediately.

"er mingyu, i think wonwoo's come to claim his thing back," minghao shouts as he scratches the back of his neck awkwardly. mingyu appears from behind the door, his hair swept back and wearing MY leather jacket. i feel my cheeks heat up a little at this side of mingyu and wave shyly.

"oh hey hyung! i'm sorry, i hope you don't mind me borrowing your jacket." not anymore anyway.

"no worries, i just want it back," i mutter bluntly. something is pressed into my chest and i see that it's my leather jacket.

"oh-er thanks gyu. see you in a bit."
"bye woo!"