my favorite kind of kiss

based on when camila gushes about a new year's kiss with a stranger in that one 5h takeover. that video series will forever be in my heart.

also, this one-shot is short in comparison to the previous two but that's because i just want to give you all the content you've been waiting for. hope it was worth it!

/

"(Y/N)! So glad you made it," said Taylor, a bright smile on her bold, red lips. The country singer's blonde tresses cascaded neatly on either side of her shoulders, complimenting her porcelain skin. I grinned of excitement, my arms outstretched to meet her halfway in a much needed hug.

"Glad I could make it too. The traffic is crazy out there," I exclaim in a joking frustration, closing the front door shut behind me.

"I heard on the radio! Fortunate you got here just in time, the snow storm will pass through here in the middle of the night. I'm relieved you got here in time! Here, come in and settle down. Mi casa es tu casa. Oh, also! Everybody is out socializing in the living room, feel free to join whenever you're ready. The food and snacks and stuff are all in the kitchen of course."

As soon as Taylor left to greet other numerous guests, I eventually made it through the dining quarters of her lavish cabin to the living room. A toasty fireplace had been set up, sending a wave of warmth throughout the atmosphere. It felt like I could finally breathe again, the cold was not really my strong suit. As I surveyed the room, every inch of the couches were occupied with a warm body, some guests sat on the floor in groups with drinks in their hands.

"Hi everybody! (Y/N) is here! Now this party can really get started," Taylor exclaims happily, spotting my incoming presence. To my left and right, guests greeted me upon my personal announcements and resumed with their conversations. Suddenly, I felt an immediate welcome from all sides of me, pairs of arms offering the coziness affection while completely taking me by surprise.

"Wassup (Y/N)! Welcome to the party," Dinah chirped, a warm smile on her face as she squeezed my shoulders, pulling away.

"Hey Dinah! So glad to see you. Didn't pick you as the type for the chilly weather," I tease, earning a playful glare from the Polynesian.

"No, I'm the one dying from it! I'm from Miami for goodness sake!" Lauren exasperates, her intimidating pair of emerald gazing at me though paired with an adorable frown.

"How could I forget that, Jauregui?" I feign confusion, breaking out into a grin as I soothed Lauren with a kiss to the temple.

"Way to take my moment with (Y/N), Lo. Ain't nobody surprised with your sensitive ass to the snow." There it was, the opposing personalities of both Dinah and Lauren — an interaction worth gold. "Anyways, I made my case. I'm going to get more cocoa! Come with me, Mani!"

The dark-skinned girl, who was still attached to me, pushed at Lauren's shoulder in the direction of Dinah. "No! I'm going to hug (Y/N) just a teeny tiny bit longer. I deserve this, I get less time with her in comparison to all of you," Normani huffs. The pout on her face was priceless, and not everybody could deny it, including me. Once the bickering pair left, Normani's expression immediately switched to one of cheerfulness. "Hey sis! So happy you could make it."

"Me too! I think you have a better excuse to not be fond of the snow out there, you and Ally are both from Texas."

"Right?! That's what I've been saying all damn day," Normani says breathily, satisfied with how her argument was supported without bias. Normani soon leaves my side after a brief chat, walking in the direction to what I could assume was the kitchen. Taylor's vacation home proved to be gigantic and was hard to miss from miles away — it was beautiful. It sat atop a cliff that had a wonderful view of Switzerland, and being that it was December 31st, blizzards and mounds of snow were mostly what could be seen.