Chapter 24

"Marsh you're fine. Stop worrying." Skye smiled at the blushing boy who was nervously pacing back and forth in the den. It was about 6pm and Marshall was waiting for his dad to give him and his girlfriend a lift to the restaurant. Everest was in Skye's room and getting ready.

"What was I thinking? Dancing? Fancy restaurant? Ugh!" Marshall muttered to himself. Chase and Skye looked at each other and shook their heads while the blonde walked over holding two hot chocolates.

She sat down between Chase's legs and sighed, looking her friend up and down. He was wearing a suit; black trousers, white shirt, black blazer and red tie.

"Marsh, you'll be a-ok. You look the part."

"Oh I look a part alright! The part that's been squeezed to death in these trousers. Whoever called it ballroom dancing clearly wasn't wearing these kecks!"

Chase snorted earning a glare from his best friend and a slap on the leg from Skye. The door to the den opened and Everest walked in. Well, she poked her head around the door.

"Hey babe. What's wrong?" Marshall looked at his girlfriend.

"Oh Marshall you look lovely." She sighed. "I think I, well my mother, may have overdone it."

"Evvy you look stunning no matter what you wear." The auburn haired girl looked down. "Come in. I know you have a pretty face but I wanna see all of you." He smiled. Everest opened the door and Marshall's jaw dropped to the ground. She wore something like this:

"I know it's too much but-" Marshall cut her off by resting his hands on her waist and pressing their lips together

"I know it's too much but-" Marshall cut her off by resting his hands on her waist and pressing their lips together. Everest smiled and closed her eyes, kissing back.

"You look perfect." Marshall said as they pulled apart. Skye was silently fangirling on the sofa.

"Guys I hate to kill the moment but your lift's here." Chase broke the silence and looked at Marshall's phone.

"Oh crap! Ok thanks guys." He grabbed his phone and Everest's hand, the both of them running up the stairs. "See ya later! Have fun!"

"Bye."

The couple looked at each other.
"So..." Skye started.

"So... What shall we do for our anniversary?" Chase chuckled.

"I'm not sure. As long as I'm with you I'm fine."

"Same here." He wrapped an arm around Skye and pulled her close, kissing her head.

"Should we make a video?"

"Yes!"