Chapter 9

It was the week after Skye had received the messages from Ashlynne and the day her and her friends were presenting their music video to their class.

A class full of people that can easily make their lives hell.

What could possibly go wrong?

"Ok and up next is Skye's group." Their teacher announced. They were the final group to show their video. Skye loaded up their profile on the teachers laptop and clicked the video link.

Well here goes nothing...
The seven friends held their breath as they watched their own work.

Chase: she captures her reflection and she throws the mirror to the floor.

*the screen shows Skye dropping a mirror that smashed on the ground.*

Chase: her image is distorted screaming 'Is it worth it anymore?!

*Skye sat on the floor against the wall, crying and mouthing the question.*

Marshall: are you scared of the things that they might put you through?

*A shot of Marshall watching Everest play basketball from a distance*

Marshall: does it make you wanna hide the inner you?

*Everest catches the rebound but looks around, sad that she's alone.*

Zuma: you're not the only one so let them criticise.

*Rocky leaned his head on his locker with people laughing at him from behind.*

Zuma: you're untouchable when you realise.

*small clips of each of the friends play at a very fast pace.*

All: Change. Change your life. Take it all. We're gonna stick together know we'll get through it all. Change. Change your life. Take it all. We're gonna use it to become what you've always known. Become what you've always known.

*all of the friends stood around a microphone in the spare room at Skye's house, all singing and smiling*

Everest: His body starts to flicker like nobody wants to know his name.

*Marshall in the dance studio practicing*

Everest: just another set of feelings but nobody there to feel the pain.

*Marshall tries a spin but falls and holds his ankle*

Skye: they can rip you, bring you down, down to their size.

*Skye pulls Chase away from his locker where he's crying and turns him to face her.*

Skye: but they will never get to the heart you hold inside.

*She looks at Chase and places a hand on his chest, looking him in the eye*

Rocky: you're not the only one so let them criticise.

*he pulls Zuma to his feet from the ground and wraps his hands around him*

Rocky: you're untouchable when you realise,

*a film of all the friends having fun together*

All: Change. Change your life. Take it all. We're gonna stick together know we'll get through it all. Change. Change your life. Take it all. We're gonna use it to become what you've always known. Become what you've always known.

*all of the friends stood around a microphone in the spare room at Skye's house, all singing and smiling*

Rubble: you've gotta right to show the world something never seen. We wanna hear you screaming out,
All: you're not alone.

*camera still focused on the group singing. Then shows one by one they hold hands in their circle.

All: Change. Change your life. Take it all. We're gonna stick together know we'll get through it all. Change. Change your life. Take it all. We're gonna use it to become what you've always known. Become what you've always known.

*all of the friends being themselves and showing their skills from Marshall dancing, to Everest playing one on one with Skye.*

Skye:become what you've always known.

*screen fades to black, signalling the end of the video*

Everyone else in the class scowled as the group were given top marks from their teacher, but they couldn't have cared less about what they thought.