Chapter 5

"Well as most of you might know," Skye began. "I was a model. In primary school, I was friends with those three and we were all signed by the same agency so we worked together. As we got older I noticed that I was a little bit clumsy. I would fall or yawn or sneeze just as the camera took a picture. We used to joke about it but the jokes weren't always funny. They started picking on my appearance and told me I was fat and needed to lose weight. Being the niaeve ten year old I was I believed them. My diet got out of control and one day when I was twelve my organs began to shut down and I was rushed to hospital. I'm lucky to be here. I still go to a support group once a week but anyway, when I was well enough to go back to school, people treated my condition as a joke. I suddenly had no one. I'm still not completely better now but I'm slowly getting there." She looked down, ashamed of herself but also relieved that she had gotten it off her chest.

"So how bad is it now?" Zuma asked.

"I can't eat too much sugary food at once. My body would react to a sudden change of sugar intake. And I've not eaten a takeaway since that diet." She laughed slightly at how silly she had been.

"Anyway, There's still one of us left to speak." She motioned to Chase. Who looked very mournful. Upon seeing this, Skye immediately felt bad for him. "You don't have to if you don't want to Chase, we'll understand."

"No no it's fine." He sighed "So when I was younger, my dad was in the army, I never really saw him much but he was still really important to me, when I did see him it was like seeing my best friend. He came back when I was ten, and he was back for good but he was never the same. He suffered really badly from PTSD and he became suicidal. I came home from school one day before mum did and found him...i-in the kitchen, c-c-covered in..." his voice cracked as he recalled the memory.

No one said anything, what could they say? Nothing would make this better.

Skye stood up and walked over to the boy that was sat on her desk. She prised his hands off of his face and wrapped her arms around him tightly.

He returned her embrace and cried into the crook of her neck as she soothingly ran her fingers through his hair, hushing him. They were holding each other so tightly that Chase could feel each of Skye's ribs digging into him, each bone in her spine on his hand.

Despite her still being so physically weak, she was being emotionally strong, for him. She was taking on his problems even though she had her own and he had never been more grateful.

As soon as Chase had composed himself, he began to take in the situation; Skye was hugging him. His face grew warm as they moved out of each other's arms. Skye still held his hand as they looked at each other.

"I'm so sorry Chase, I should never have made you tell us."

"It's fine." He said, wiping his eyes. "I had to talk to someone about it at some point." The pair weakly smiled and, after realising, let go of each other's hands.

"Skye sweetheart! I'm home!" Skye's mother could be heard from the hallway.

"Ok I'll be down in a min!" Skye called, turning back to her friends.

"Come on guys. I need some caffeine after that." She led them down into the kitchen where they were introduced to Skye's mother.

"Where's Chase gone?" Skye asked, realising that he wasn't there. "And Marshall?"

There was a crash from the stairs followed by Chase's voice.

"Marshall!"

"My bad. I'm good."

"I'm glad you are geeze you weigh a tonne." The two walked into the room and the others laughed at them.

"Mum this is Marshall," the black haired boy waved "and Chase."

"Oh So you're the one Skye was talking about after her first day."

"Mum!" Skye groaned, leaning back against the counter and covering her face, blushing pink. The blonde woman held her hands up in mock surrender.

"I'm saying nothing. I need to go shopping so I'll be back in an hour or so ok?"

"Yeah. See you later Mum." Skye smiled. "Anyone want a drink?"

"Just some water for me please."

"Coffee."

"Coffee."

"Coffee."

"Tea."

"Water."

Skye made the drinks as everyone but Chase sat at the table talking. She passed him the two glasses of water.

"Can you pass these to Everest and Rubble please?"

"Sure." Chase complied and returned, watching Skye. "Woah what are you doing?" He asked her.

"Making a drink." She said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Yeah but you don't make tea by putting the milk in before the water." He argued playfully.

"Well I do."

"You're so weird."

"And your a giant oaf, your point?" Skye stood on her toes to try and square up to her friend. Both of them started laughing and finished making their drinks. Everyone drank them apart from Chase.

"Chase I put the milk in first not poisoned it." Skye laughed.

"You did what?!" The others yelled.

"Oh grow up." She laughed.

"No I know I just drink it cold." The brunette replied. Everyone started at him in disbelief. "What? What did I say?"

"Now who's the freak of nature?!" Skye laughed at him.