11- The night rider

Start bij het begin

“I really don't know you sometimes,” I muttered in between bites. I wonder how far his human network reached. “Are you sure you're not from the underworld or from a secret mafia organization?”

His answer was a boisterous laugh followed by a funny remark, that made the man sitting three blocks ahead, glance our way. I rolled my eyes, focusing on watching the movie for the time being. In the midst, I asked him the name of one the actress as I got impressed by her acting. He began describing about her career and how she made her debut. I automatically tuned out when he fan- boyed over her hotness. Instead, I tuned in to his pink lips, that he sometimes rolled his tongue over.  Something rushed over me— like an immediate craving. Like a bad thirst on summer and I found myself lifting my upper body to latch my lips to his. I felt him freeze for a second before he gave in, sucking on my lower lip. My body instantly warmed up at the familiar touch and the woody scent, to the point where it bought jitters to my stomach. After a brief, hard kiss, we parted.

“You sure are moody as hell. Not that I mind but— hey, now you're smiling.”

“I just wanted to check something,” I answered, covering my smiling lips with my fingers. For a while, I actually thought I lost my libido after I kissed the tracksuit guy. Maybe, I didn't loose it. I just had it reserved for Rithik for the time being. Not that I was complaining. Not at all.

* * *

I thought I would be lying on the comfort of my bed when I opened my eyes. Instead, I woke up next to a shoulder where my head was resting at. Not to forget the person whose shoulder it belonged to. A normal person would be annoyed if their companion happened to be sleeping throughout the movie, that too, while leaning half of their weight on their shoulder (according to my calculations, I only watched the movie for half an hour). Rithik seemed anything but annoyed. Infact he had this cartoon like smile on his face.

“Morning, sleepy beauty! It is with great regret, I inform you that a period of hundred years has passed since you last fell asleep and everyone you knew has been decayed to bones.”

“Fantastic!” I straightened up. “So I suppose you're the Prince charming who whipped me by a kiss without consent? Gross.”

“You don't believe me, do you? Don't worry–” A devious smile made its way to his lips as he took out his Android and showed me a couple of pictures of a particular girl sleeping on a guy's shoulder with a small drool, dripping past her lips.

What's more, she actually looked a lot like me.

“I swear to God if you don't delete these pictures...!” It was hard to think of a badass insult while chasing him out of the hall to get my hands on his baby. I stopped running as I came up with the biggest and the oldest weapon of a woman to defeat a man, “I won't have sex with you for the next twenty days.”

Guess what he did next. He laughed. I repeat, he laughed on- my- fucking- face. “Lying doesn't look good on you, Natasha.”

* * *

“Look Nat, I value my life. Like really, really value my life. I never thought of dying. I've been good to my parents too, so please, spare...”

“Quit being a drama king! Let me ride,” I said, while kicking down to remove the support of the motorbike. After several pleadings and fake promises, Rithik agreed on letting me take the reigns over his bike. It was alright since I was sober now. “Enjoy the ride, baby.”

“Well, I've been riding on your pussy for the past four months,” he whispered to which I craned my head to kiss his chin, smiling.

The last time I drove a bike was two years ago, when I secretly took Sahil's bike to buy vegetables. The amber- yellow road lights fell on the road like a plane runaway. Cool air blew my face. It was good riding through the spacious roads with street lights falling on us. More often than not, I would show off my biking skills by taking over cars and sharp turns. At times, the bike would falter due to his heavy ass which would instantly cause him to panic and pray to Almighty for safety. Thankfully, he stopped polluting my ears, after a while. Instead, we talked about roads and places followed by some momentary laughs. Unfortunately, there were still a few traffic lights working after midnight. I slowed down near the red light. Maybe it was the unusual level of estrogen or maybe it was the thrill of bike riding because then, I found myself confessing my crimes.