5

Ryan knocked on the door of the house he'd been sent to by Brendon. Spencer had gone to some family thing, so he didn't have to worry about him.

"Coming!" Brendon's voice shouted from the other side of the doorway, and Ryan's heart rate sped up. Why was he so anxious? Brendon was just another friend, sure he was older, and attractive, and famous, and.. oh god so that was why Ryan was so anxious.

"Hey Ry," Brendon greeted the younger boy, who internally shuddered at the name. Only Spencer had ever called him any nickname, so this was unusual to him.

"Sorry, I can just call you Ryan if you want," Brendon chuckled, it was as if he had read his mind! Ryan truly hoped that Brendon couldn't read his mind, otherwise he would probably be very uncomfortable...

"No, it's okay," Ryan smiled, trying as hard as he could to keep his cool.

"Want to come in?" Brendon asked, opening the door wider.

"Sure, thanks," Ryan entered the house with Brendon and he lead him to a living area with a couch and a television.

"Do you want anything to eat or drink?" Brendon offered, but Ryan shook his head, he was still a bit in shock at the realization that his idol was now his friend. Do these things even happen to people??

"What do you wanna do?" Ryan asked as the man returned holding a glass of water.

"We could just talk, or we could watch a movie, whatever you want," he smiled, Brendon just wanted to get to know Ryan better. He didn't know what it was about the boy but he was so.. mesmerizing. Brendon just wanted to talk to him and get to know him.

"I have an idea," Ryan said, "why don't we play twenty questions?"

"Okay, sounds fun, you go first though," Brendon sat down facing Ryan on the couch.

"Okay um... what's your favorite color?" Ryan asked casually, trying to seem not-at-all-nervous about anything.

"I like blue," Brendon smiled before asking Ryan a question, "what's your worst pet peeve?"

"It's so fucking annoying when people pretend they know the words to a song but they don't so they're just like mumbling shit that doesn't make sense and ugh! It's so awful," Ryan sighed as Brendon laughed.

"That is really annoying," he laughed.

"Okay my turn-" Ryan paused, "I should probably ask another question before I start ranting about more pet peeves I have."

"Haters gonna hate."

"Shh I'm trying to think of a question!" Ryan pretended to get mad at him.

"Okay, okay," Brendon chuckled.

"Um.. ooh! Who's your favorite YouTuber?"

"Well there's this one YouTuber, i don't know if you've ever heard of him but he's pretty funny and he's a fan of mine, I think his name is CrankThatFrank or something," Brendon giggled.

"Really? I love that guy! He's hilarious!" Ryan chimed.

"Cool, I'll add that to the list of things we have in common," Brendon joked.

"What else is on the list?"

"Well.. we both really like panic! At the disco," Brendon winked.

"I never said I liked your band," Ryan smirked.

"Mhm, sure."

"Just take your turn and ask a question already!"

"Impatient much?" Brendon thought about a question to ask.