Chapter 58

Author's Note:

Hello loves! Please excuse any typos I did not have time to edit this and I just really wanted to post this for you. I'm sorry that some of you could not see the last chapter, wattpad was glitching again. I hope you will be able to see this one, please let me know.

Thank you sooooo much for all of your constant support and love. I love you!!!

Harry's POV

The image of Bailee falling down by a gun shot to her chest, is an image I never thought I would see but is constantly on a loop in my head. Even now, here in my own hospital room as the nurse attends to my wounds. The kind nurse says that I am lucky because nothing is broken, only bruised but I don't feel lucky. She is wrong, my heart and world is broken.

"Alright, all done." The nurse announces and I don't bother to lift my stare from off the floor. "I'll come and check on you in a bit then you may go to the waiting room."

I stay quiet and nod as a response to her.I definitely don't want to stay in this room long. Half of my face feels swollen and I am glad for the pack of ice the nurse gave me to numb the pain a bit,along with antibiotics.When the nurse moves to exit the room my father thanks her as I place my bloody white shirt back on to cover my bruised torso because I can't stand the sadness in my sister's eyes as she looks at me.

"How are you feeling Harry?" My dad asks from across the room once we are alone. I lift my eyes and scowl at him, his face falls.

"I know it's a stupid question but you were beaten up quite badly and I think-"

"I have no wounds compared to Bailee." I cooly interrupt and my sister places her hand on my knee, scooting closer to me on the bed.

"She will be okay Harry. Surgery will go well, you'll see." Gemma softly reassures me. I feel her eyes on me but again, I look down at the floor.

What if surgery doesn't go well? what if they can't save Bailee?

When the medics came, Bailee already lost a lot of blood, my shirt is painted with both her blood and mine. Starring down at my now cleaned hands I can still see the deep stains of red on them.

After about fifteen minutes of waiting for the nurse to come back, I am finally let out of the hospital room. My family and I are now with Bailee's parents in the waiting room and the silence in here is torturing. Caroline is sitting next to my dad across from me. Bailee's parents are still dressed in the same attire they were wearing at the event they were attending, only this time Mrs.Foster's dress has blood stains on the front.

Vividly I remember the way she was calling out to her daughter, begging her to wake up. I remember the way Mr.Foster had to hold her steady as the medics carried her to the ambulance while she hysterically sobbed. I remember Bailee laying still, she looked so beaten up and broken. A huge red puddle underneath her but in a way she looked at peace and it brought a sickening feel to my stomach. Quickly, I divert my eyes from the pair.

Each second that ticks by,of us waiting, feels like an hour. Bailee's surgery seems like it's taking forever and I just want to know if she is okay. Honestly, I have no idea what she was thinking when she launched herself at her father for me. That was a pretty idiotic move. I have no idea what I was thinking in avoiding her all of this time after she attempted to kill herself. She needed me, she needed support and I let her down. I would give anything to be able to hear her voice again, then, I remember something.

"Hey, Gem." I mutter, my throat feeling a bit dry.

"Hmm?" She hums, looking at me with curious eyes.