Chapter 33

Author's Note:

Hello darlings! First off I apologize for any typos. I did not have the chance to edit. Second, place on your seatbelt because confessions will be made and sexual tension will rise! :)

I love you!!

Bailee's POV

"Mom, I can drive over this weekend if you want me to." I say through the phone as I place my freshly washed clothes into the dryer.

"No, no honey. Your dad and I can manage."

"I'm so happy you guys finally found a house." I smile, shutting the door and starting the dryer.

"I am too. Sucks that you moved out before we had it but at least you know you'll have an actual home. I just wish we could have given you more and-"

"Mom," I quietly mutter. "The both of you adopting me was the best gift you could given me. You and dad were just starting to begin your lives and it means so much that you wanted me to be a part of it. No matter where we are, you are my home."

"Plus, I quite liked our apartment." I add.

"I did too, but you needed an actual room and...your new baby brother or sister will too."

I stop in my tracks in the middle of the hallway as my widen. "What? Mom, you're pregnant! Since when?"

"Found out a month ago." She says letting out a breath and tears threaten to pool in my eyes, feeling so happy for her.

Even though she is a young women, in her mid thirties, she has had trouble conceiving before I came along. Which is why her and my dad showed no hesitation in taking me in.

"Are you upset?" She asks, sounding worried as I continue down the hall and stepping into the living room.

"What? No, mom, why would I be upset?" I say with a small laugh as a few tears escape down my cheeks. Harry looks at me slightly confused from the couch as I sniff, wiping my tears off my cheeks.

"This is...this is the best news ever. Congratulations, mom." I say, pushing my hair behind my ear as I walk towards the couch to join Harry.

"Oh, I'm so glad to hear that honey. So, how are you and Harry doing?" She asks just as I turn to look at him. My lips tug into a smile as his hand comes down to rest over mine on my lap.

"We are okay." I say, not wanting her to worry about our fight. Plus, we already worked through it so there is no point.

After a few passing moments, my mom and I exchange our goodbyes. She made me promise to go see them once the move is all done, which of course I agreed too.

"So what made you start crying? Is everything alright?" Harry asks removing his hand from my lap, before draping his arm over my shoulders to pull me to his side. I shift a little and fold my knees up, resting my head against his shoulder while placing my hand on his chest.

"My mom is pregnant."

"What? Really?" He says pulling back a little to look at me.

I nod. "Yeah.She sounds so happy and I am so happy for them. They have been wanting a child of their own for so long."

"She couldn't have kids?" Harry frowns.

"She has had a few miscarriages but I don't know how or why, I wasn't there because that was before me." I say with a shrug and then my eyes widen realizing my slip.

Dammit.

"Wait, what do you mean before you?" He asks and I briefly close my eyes before lifting my head up to meet his eyes.