Chapter 9

Bailee's POV

"Thanks for helping me." I say to Harry as I toss my backpack into the backseat of my old Corolla before shutting the door. "I know it was probably silly but-"

"No, you're alright love." He says shaking his head.

"Love?" I repeat, looking at him confused.

He chuckles. "Sorry, it's a Brit thing."

"Yeah, well you Brits have a funny way of talking, but I like it." I smile, while opening my door.

"Hey," Gemma speaks as she and Louis approach us.

"Hey." I reply with a small smile.

"How are you feeling?"

"A bit better, thanks to your brother."  I say and I catch glimpse of Louis beside me, looking confused up at Harry then at me.

"What? Why? What happened?" Louis frowns.

"Nothing I just got a bit of stage freight when I had to do my dance solo." I reply with a shrug.

That and other things...

"And the girls were also being mean to her about her weight the other day, which I think was very stupid." Gemma interjects as I look down at my feet.

"Awe, no need for tears." Louis smiles while placing his hands on my shoulders. "You are perfect."

Hardly.

"Thanks." I smile.

"Alright, well Harry are you ready to go?" Gemma asks looking up at her brother.

"Yeah," he nods, then turns his head, looking at our surroundings. "But where is Lexi?"

"Oh, I forgot to tell you. Lex wanted me to tell you she doesn't need a ride home. She has a biology test to study for at the library."

"Oh okay." He nods and with that Louis gives me a brief hug before stepping aside letting her do the same.

"See you later, Bailee." Harry mutters giving me a brief hug before walking a few parking spaces further down from mine.
I was about to climb into my car when I see Ashley approach Harry,just as he was about to open the door to his white Mercedes Benz convertible.

"What do you want?" I hear him ask as I notice Gemma climbing into the passenger seat.

"Could you give me a ride home?"

"Sorry but no. Gemma has a doctor appointment to get to. Besides, I already told you earlier." Harry replies with a scowl before opening his door and climbing inside his car, leaving Ashley standing there at a total loss.

A doctor appointment? Gemma didn't mention a doctor appointment.

"I'll give you a ride Ash." Louis offers, tilting his head, beckoning her to come over to where he was parked.

"Yeah...uh, thanks." She replies making her way over and as I climb into my car, I watch Harry pull out of his parking space and wonder why he lied. Casually, I briefly glance over to Louis' black Range Rover and spot Ashley rolling her eyes at me before opening the car door and climbing inside. I furrow my brows at action.