Chapter 5

Bailee's POV

Thankfully after talking to my mother last night, I easily fell back asleep. But, that didn't disguise the fact that I'm still tired; both mentally and physically. Even though I did get some sleep, the nightmare took a lot of energy out of me and right now I could use a nice cup of coffee to wake me up a bit.

Walking towards the coffee cart parked outside of the library building, I press pause on my phone to stop the music from flowing out of my headphones.

"Hello," I smile to the guy behind the cart as I remove my headphones off my head and place them around my neck.

"Hello, what can I get for you?" He replies back with a friendly smile, one he forcefully puts on I'm sure, his green eyes and freckled cheeks hooded beneath a black cap.

"Can I get a large caramel mocha with extra cream please?" I mutter, as I pull cash out of the pocket of my jeans.

"Sure thing." He nods picking a fresh cardboard cup from off a small stack.

"How much will it be?" I ask, unfolding my dollar bills.

"It will be four-fifty." He replies and I frown finally noticing I only have two dollars and a few cents.

"Oh, well um, could I just-"

"Hey Joey," A voice greets, cutting me off. I turn my head and see Harry stepping beside me.

"Hey Bailee." He nods at me giving me a small smile before looking back over at Joey, behind the cart.

"Give me the usual and add her order to mine please." He kindly orders as he shuffles his hand into his back pocket to retrieve his wallet.

What?

I shake my head. "No, Harry. It's fine you don't-"

"Bailee, it's okay." He chuckles, pulling out a twenty dollar bill. "It's only coffee."

"Thank you." I mutter, a few moments later after I am handed my coffee cup and Harry is handed two.

Once Harry pays for our coffee, he thanks Joey, before we both turn around.

"So how are you Bailee?" He asks me as we begin to walk the direction I came from, taking a sip out of one of the cups in his hands.

"I'm good." I nod. "And you?"

He shrugs. "Same, I guess. So what are you up to, Bailee?"

I furrow my brows at his question, noticing that he said my name again and vaguely I wonder why.

Is he making fun of my name, just like Ashley did? Maybe the other coffee cup is for her?

"Well, I only have one class left, which is math. I am looking so forward to that." I say sarcastically, as I roll my eyes looking down at my feet.

"Not a fan of math I see."

I shake my head. "I struggle with it. Not my best subject. My mom had to get me a tutor when I was finishing high school, that's how bad I was. Although, it wasn't like I didn't understand what my teacher was saying it's just I was so distracted with-" I pause not wanting to go into full details and catching myself as my eyes widen a little.

"Nothing really stuck with me." I mutter bringing my cup up to my lips.

"Ah, I see. Well I-" Suddenly, he is cut short by his cell ringing.

"Here, I'll take that." I say gesturing to one of the cups with my index finger before holding out my hand.

"Thanks." He mutters, appreciatively, as his phone continues to ring while he hands me the cup.